Shady Spruce Hostel
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate suitefemale dormco ed dormwell equipped kitchengreat locationmixed dormolder homesaturday farmers marketcoded doorshared spaceolder housetriple roomcommon spaceclose to downtownthought of everythingaffordable place to stayrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Just a short walk to downtown, but still out of the way enough where it's quiet and peaceful. Stayed in the private suite and it was perfect for our needs for one night. It was nice having our own kitchen and bathroom. We met the owner Chris and he's super friendly and welcoming. We highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren J
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Shady Spruce was my first liaison to Missoula. I had just gotten in, and wasn't sure what to expect, except for the frigid cold. I get dropped off in front of this cozy, cute little house, and that's the hostel! Chris checked me in, set me up, and showed me around and gave me the lo-down of the town, all with such authenticity and hospitality! More so than any of the amenities (and there were some, including complementary bikes and soon to be tours), I liked the interaction I had with the people there, as well as the vision of what the place is trying to do. The whole thing is grassroots and community driven, and you'll see small knickknacks all around the place, each one coming from someone else in the community. To me, a hostel ideally is a culmination of the people in the community, and through Shady Spruce, that's exactly what I got. Give this place a try, you'll love it!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2018

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Really clean, cozy, in the best location possible, with tips and guidebooks galore inside. Space in fridge for your food. Comfortable. Reliable wifi. Cool people that inhabit the space.

Room Tip: If you go in the winter layer up. Also if you plan on being around Missoula you absolutely do not need a rental car.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank meganscanlon5
Reviewed February 26, 2018

This hostel is clean, quiet, convenient, and overall a very welcoming lodging.. Chris is accommodating and is readily available with recommendations or simply to make the stay more comfortable. Thanks!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 208alpine
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Great hostel in downtown Missoula- cute, clean, convenient. And the bed mattress was super comfy! The owner, Chris, was very easily accessible via email and phone. I definitely recommend. (That about sums it up but tripadvisor want me to write more...)

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo