“a great place to eat!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I have always been puzzled by the name, but regardless it is a great place to have breakfast, lunch or dinner! Prices are a little higher than average but the food is worth it!

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

While visiting family in Missoula, a family member wanted my husband to try the fried chicken and compare it to the Double Front chicken. He said it was just as good! I enjoyed my Rueben and Clam chowder.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

The Shack has been a meeting place for the last 1000 years or so. Lots of good food, prepared right and a friendly staff. We usually hit here for brunch after church and sometimes the wait is a little longer than our growling stomachs like.

However, it is usually worth the wait to get their omelets and hashbrowns.

Welcome to Missoula and a good place to start the day and meet with friends and family. When you say "Meet me at the Shack" everyone knows what you mean.

We own an ARBNB and recommend this for a great breakfast.

Judy Helm Wright--Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman

Reviewed July 13, 2017

I like the Shack - it's my favorite brunch spot in Missoula and my favorite 'comfort food' place for dinner (it's the fried chicken - not that greasy heavy breaded chicken you get elsewhere, this is lightly breaded and is REALLY good. Plus if you get the bigger meal portion there's enough to take home for later - what beats good cold fried chicken?) The atmosphere is nice, and the staff is excellent. I've never been disappointed after a meal here.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Great food and service! I enjoyed an amazing morel omelette that was light, fluffy and delectable. My server Zach was warm, friendly, and attentive. I highly recommend The Shack.