“Lovely Hike”
Review of Pine Creek Trail

Pine Creek Trail
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The falls is a nice about 1 mile hike in each direction. After enjoying the falls my son and I headed back and my husband hiked up to the lake and he had a fantastic time and we picked him up much later! There are some nice picnic areas at the base of the trail as well.

All reviews
"dogs"
"creek"
"bears"

Reviewed 7 September 2017

As mentioned by many, the hike to the waterfalls is relatively easy and a worthwhile visit. However, the real gem is the lake at the top of the trail-- if you can handle it. Had I known how difficult it would be and how far it REALLY was, we probably would not have tackled it, though. Although it is listed as moderate to somewhat difficult, it was the toughest hike we have ever encountered -- and we hike along the Appalachian Trail quite often. It took us 5 hours up to the lake and 3 hours back down to the trailhead. It was a once-in-a-lifetime hike and well worth the work but we were paying for it later in sore muscles, cramps, and charlie horses for the next few days. It is listed as anywhere from 5 to 5.5 miles one way, but I have to assume that is if you cut some of the switchbacks short (which we did not) or beeline it (it sure seemed much longer than that). It was punishing for us. That said, we are lowlanders from the East Coast so the elevation changes, breathing, and muscle stress seemed much greater than it may for locals who are used to elevation.

3  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I liked this short hike a lot. It was mostly in the shade which was nice on a hot day. The falls are pleasant and there are several places to see the creek along the way. It make a nice picnic hike.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My thirteen-year-old son and I hiked this trail and found out there are not one but two amazing waterfalls! We really enjoyed our walk. It is a little crowded on a sunny Saturday afternoon.