“Fantastic Find”

Cislo's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 177 Restaurants in Kalispell
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Cislo's was a recommendation from the staff at our hotel - and it was a great one! We were so enamored by the atmosphere and the food that we talked about eating there for every meal! I got the oatmeal with a side of their amazing hashbrowns and, while it was way too much food, it was all delicious!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Some days they have prime rib believe fridays and monday or Tuesday they have b1g1 spaghetti. The prime rib dinner is very good. The best for the price and it will fill you up. The breakfast, lunch and dinners are all good and decent prices. The staff are friendly and quick and on the ball. They have chicken fried steak and meatloaf and all the comfort foods you crave.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

When we arrived in Kalispell, we had no idea what to eat, only that we were starving and sick of burgers. We were headed to Glacier National Park for the Going to the Sun drive for our son, 15 — our last summer hurrah before school, and Kalispell served as an overnight pit stop.

The hotel staff had no idea how good Cislo was. They recommended chains around them, but I wanted a neighborhood joint that's been around for ages. I found that place in Cislo.

As soon as we walked in for dinner, we were embraced like family, even though we forgot about the time difference and the place was close to closing. I had a very hearty steak, Texas toast, baked potato, which arrived on a metal round tray like i remembered from growing up in the '70s. Sizzler used to have them, remember, and their steaks came sizzling? I even had a choice of A-1 steak sauce and Heinz 57, just like when I was a little girl. My dinner also came with soup of the day, which was an unbelievably hearty, delicious corn chowder (tasted like the chef cut corn fresh from the cob!).

The prices are unbelievably reasonable for today's standards, especially with steak. And the atmosphere is very chill.

We went back the next morning after checking out, because our son missed out. The place was PACKED again with locals of all ages, always a good sign. It seemed like they came here all the time; they knew everyone, the staff knew their orders. It was so nice enjoying my breakfast listening to their comfortable chatter about livestock, weather, neighbor to neighbor interacting — an aspect of a home town I've always missed living in the Seattle suburbs.

Our son loved his steak and eggs breakfast, too. The fluffy hash browns were huge, and gladly enjoyed. I ate mine (with a center-cut pork chop and eggs over easy) AND some of my son's. The hash browns, btw, were better than anything you can get at an IHOP chain — a mix of light, fluffy, and well-seasoned hearty.

I wished I were still hungry, because the server changed the breakfast specials into lunch specials. As soon as I saw fry bread and soup, and then basket of fried shrimp, I almost asked to stay another day.

The daily specials will appeal to comfort foodies for sure: Fridays was prime rib. If only we arrived a day earlier.

There's plenty to eat for very cheap, deeply flavored. Don't forget the homemade pie. My husband didn't. He inhaled his cookies 'n cream pie.

This restaurant is hidden gem in a sea of chains. Bypass the fast food and the burger joints for a change, and come here. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Our party had to leave Glacier NP without breakfast due to no electric power at Lake McDonald. So we drove south and came upon Cislo's Family Restaurant in Kalispell.
What a great decision - for diners, two steak and eggs, one scrambled eggs and one with a stack of three enormous pancakes.
Tasty food - large portions, it saw us all through until our evening meal.
If you are driving by - stop and enjoy the food and the excellent table service!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

If your are looking for inexpensive home cooking this is it. They offer senior discounts and veterans discounts. Daily specials are buy one get one free. The day we visited they were serving spaghetti and meatballs for $10.50. This was served with a salad and bread. A great choice for everyone!!!