All reviews hot shower family reunion sitting area beartooth highway home away from home red lodge a great place to stay channels camping sheets rates comfort yellowstone billings tv beds doughs
Reviewed 16 July 2018

My sister and I came to Joliet to visit our father. Joliet is a VERY small town, and I was more than nervous about staying in this motel. I am more of a hotel kind of girl. However, I was beyond pleasantly surprised by the accommodations at Botts. First of all, my sister and I had two queen beds and a small sitting area. We also had a refrigerator which was great for keeping our waters nice and cold. The beds were SUPER comfie, and everything was clean. I am a CLEAN FREAK, so this was super important to me. I am the type of person who walks around in flip flops and even wear them in the shower when I stay some place. Yet, this place felt so clean that I didn't. The TV was HUGE and there were tons of channels to choose from. If you have Netflix, you can login and watch it there. They have great wifi and the owner is SO cool. She has a little coffee shop in the front where you can either order a fancy drink or take advantage of their delicious complimentary coffee. BOTH are excellent. The owner was always asking us if we needed anything and made us feel so welcome! I highly recommend this place. You will not regret staying here!

Room Tip: Loved our little suite
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
videit, Owner at Botts Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

I’m so glad you were happy with it. I’m a neat freak too and more of a hotel person also. I was always afraid of little motels like this. Not anymore. Come back soon and thank you for the nice review

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We booked a room here after camping a week in Yellowstone. We had planned to do the Beartooth Highway out of Yellowstone but didn't really want to stay in Red Lodge because things were a bit pricey for what you got (no offence to the Red Lodge!). Joliet is just a half hour farther north and the motel seemed like much better value for money.

Not only do you get a wonderfully comfortable room for some restful recuperation after camping (and driving the Beartooth), but the hospitality there was so warm and friendly. We arrived a few hours later than planned - that drive requires you to stop and take in the view much more than we'd planned!) - and there was still someone available there to greet us, give us our key and make sure we were settled in.

The rooms are quaint and just what we needed. And the bedsheets! They were so soft we had to ask about them the next day. The couple who run the motel were brilliant and funny, and gave us a good tip on where to buy our own set of those fantastic sheets (thanks for that!).

It's nearly a year after we stayed but we still talk about the fantastic, friendly service we got at Botts. If you're looking for good value for money and want to go a little off the beaten path out of Yellowstone, drive that little bit farther for this great, affordable and relaxing home away from home!

FYI on booking: We booked online which worked great, but we also needed to confirm a few things beforehand. Because we live overseas we had to email, but if you can, give them a ring. It's easier for them and you'll get confirmation quicker - and you'll probably get a lovely chat out of it, too.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
videit, Owner at Botts Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Well, what a nice review. We appreciate it very much. Please come see us again when you’re in the area. Thanks so much

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely great experience. A hidden jewel. They stay booked with folks traveling to Yellowstone Park so book early - worth the stay. Staff/owners have really made some nice improvements and renovations since purchasing.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
videit, Owner at Botts Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you very much. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This place from the road is definitely the type of place you would pass by but you would be wrong. This is a family run business with an emphasis on MAKING YOU FEEL AT HOME> The rooms were cozy, clean, and they have the best TV options I've seen in awhile.The office has a coffee shop where you can get free coffee or you can order and pay for your favorite coffee drink. There was a dog that barked quite a bit at a nearby property but once people were settled in he stopped. I would definitely stay here again. By the way, they have very cute hand towels that have bears on them.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be about the same.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
videit, Owner at Botts Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for the review. We’ve been working on the outside of the old part of the motel. Rome wasn’t built in a day . Please come and stay again.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

This place is cozy. If you are looking for comfort without chain motel impersonality this is an excellent choice.

Biker friendly.

Clean. Nice bedding and towels, great TV, cute Western decor. Full size fridge.

Within walking distance of a decent restaurant and bar.

There is coffee in the room and there is an onsite coffee shop.

We loved staying and look forward to an opportunity to do so again.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
videit, Owner at Botts Family Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future. Safe travels!