“Unique menu items”

Ekstrom's Stage Station Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Native American
Reviewed 22 June 2017

The service is good, the food was great, with several unique items. The cook does a great job, the food is tasty, and it's all fresh.
The salad bar could use a little updating but the food was all good and tasty with a good selection.
The clam chowder rated three bowls!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This has to be my favorite place in the world! This is my 2nd time at the campground (hubby's 3rd) We actually got married there last week! Not only is it beautiful and well loved and taken care of but the staff are all like family and they make the guests feel like family too. We rented Doris' Studio for four days and loved every second! The food at the restaurant is amazing! Home made everything and lots of it! It was better than I remembered from my first visit. It is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been. I would definitely recommend a stop there camping or just for a meal. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Treat yourself to a great breakfast in an outpost-like setting. Our fishing trips to Rock Creek are never complete without a stop here. The homemade biscuits and gravy are the best that I've ever had in a restaurant. The locally made jam is outstanding as well and you can buy some to go. Catch some fish and catch a great breakfast.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch but it was Sunday and they don't serve lunch, just dinner. Every other day they do three meals. We each had a cheeseburger. The burgers were good and the buns were particularly good. We put the lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion on the burgers. We both wished that we could try the pie, but we did not even have room to share a single piece of pie.

The high point for me was the salad bar. It was small, without a lot of different things. But everything there was food from my childhood. It was probably the same food as the late 1800's. Bread and butter pickles, pickled watermelon rind, potato salad, coleslaw, cauliflower salad, broccoli salad with raisins and stuff, and of course a lettuce salad. Choice of dressings. Reminded me of my aunts and uncles and cousins getting together for a picnic or for a cookout in someone's back yard.

Two items to note. First, the location is a full 0.7 miles from the interstate. There are a lot of buildings that could be a "stage station restaurant" but the real thing is well marked.

Second, several reviews mentioned a very difficult interaction with the service staff. We had absolutely no problems.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Late on a busy Sunday evening - we had to wait for both our table and our dinner - but they were clearly bustling and constantly updated us. We were entertained by the combination of sweetness and cheekiness of the staff - plus the restaurant decor. Good home cooking - loved my trout, and the applesauce was excellent, and the old fashioned salad bar made the wait for dinner much easier. Would return!