Lowest prices for your stay
$139
Free cancellation until 02/05/22
$118
Free cancellation until 02/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$89
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Priceline$139
Official Website$139
Hotels.com$118
1,254 results
All reviews embassy suites missouri state university outdoor pool room was clean and comfortable conference lobby atrium desk
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2021

Looking for a place we could check in early afternoon so the kids could nap. I called the hotel. I was told that check-in is usually 4 pm. I said we are looking for an earlier check-in. The man said we always have the rooms ready by 3:15. So I booked 2 rooms. 1 with 2 double beds and 1 with a king bed. Arrived at 3:30went to check in. A man behind the counter practically yelled telling me that they had only had 3 hours to clean all the rooms. Finally checked in. When my daughter got to her room it was not a king bed. Went to the desk and they said they didn't have any king rooms left. He finally said we found one but it is a wheel chair accessible one with out carpet. Moved my daughter and her family to that room. This room the bathroom ceiling was leaking, wallpaper was peeling, sheetrock behind was flaking off all over the floor. 1 year old grand daughter was completely gray from knees to feet from the filthy floor. Again we went down to the desk and asked to speak to a manager. Manager wasn''t available. He proceeded to tell me they were booked solid and had not other rooms available so I told him we wanted our money back for both rooms and we would go elsewhere. Came back and said they were upgrading our daughter to an executive suite. Shower doesn't drain and Air conditioning doesn't keep up with the heat. Concrete chips in the outdoor pool and the ladders for indoor pool are pulling out of the concrete. actually pulled up out of the cement when you tried to use them.

Date of stay: June 2021
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2021

Dear kimberlyhanna1,

I’m sorry that our service and accommodations were not to your liking; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we could not find acceptable accommodations for your family. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed May 12, 2021 via mobile

The front desk personnel were courteous. As this was our virst time traveling in 13 months we were not informed by the front desk cletk of the new regulations for housekeeping. However the room was comfortable offering a good night's sleep.

Room tip: Have front desk personnel inform all customers of sny new regilations affecting the hotel.
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2021

Dear Gerry M,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your review. It’s encouraging to know that your stay was pleasant. Our goal is to provide comfort and friendly service to all our guests who are away from home; your feedback allows us to monitor how we are doing. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return trip.

Best,

Reviewed April 10, 2021

The hotel is nasty as hell starting with the black mold all over the place. No breakfast or dinner and the pool looked like something was living in it. The coffee shop Proudly announces they serve Starbucks But they had nothing but coffee and not coughing at all do not stay here

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Reviewman615
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2021

Dear Reviewman615,

I’m sorry that our amenities and accommodations were not to your liking; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed as it encourages improvement for future stays. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2021

I booked through priceline. Great price. Clean, comfortable bed, impressive structure, quite nice hotel. I loved the architecture and walked in the area. Found a stautue of a city businessman responsible for building it, really large, but with Covid 19 not very full. Great deal though I will go there again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2021

Dear markkB3547GW,

Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, value, and fun location made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciated having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed March 24, 2021 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday night in room 306 across from the elevator. Things that were wrong:
1. One elevator working, which caused wait times to be horrendous.
2. The tub faucet was leaking around the mechanism and the tub was leaking
3. The shower curtain was barely hanging on and needed to be replaced.
4. The bed was hard as a rock.
5. Mask enforcement was zero. That is a huge issue. Especially when you have people disregarding the 4 person limit on the only elevator that is working.
 6.They ran out of coffee.

I have stayed in 1.5 star hotels that were better. The hotel was dated and needs to be upgraded and repaired. It was definitely not work the 200 plus I paid for the stay. I am seriously disgusted.

The person that mentioned the beaver chewed doors was spot on.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear SoofbytheBlueWhale,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect as a seasoned traveler. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you and leave you with a more favorable impression. Thank you for staying with us.