Lowest prices for your stay
$139
Free cancellation until 02/05/22
$118
Free cancellation until 02/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$89
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Priceline$139
Official Website$139
Hotels.com$118
1,254 results
All reviews embassy suites missouri state university outdoor pool room was clean and comfortable conference lobby atrium desk
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2021

The hotel is nasty as hell starting with the black mold all over the place. No breakfast or dinner and the pool looked like something was living in it. The coffee shop Proudly announces they serve Starbucks But they had nothing but coffee and not coughing at all do not stay here

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Reviewman615
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2021

Dear Reviewman615,

I’m sorry that our amenities and accommodations were not to your liking; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed as it encourages improvement for future stays. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2021

I booked through priceline. Great price. Clean, comfortable bed, impressive structure, quite nice hotel. I loved the architecture and walked in the area. Found a stautue of a city businessman responsible for building it, really large, but with Covid 19 not very full. Great deal though I will go there again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel Management, Marketing at University Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2021

Dear markkB3547GW,

Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, value, and fun location made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciated having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed March 24, 2021 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday night in room 306 across from the elevator. Things that were wrong:
1. One elevator working, which caused wait times to be horrendous.
2. The tub faucet was leaking around the mechanism and the tub was leaking
3. The shower curtain was barely hanging on and needed to be replaced.
4. The bed was hard as a rock.
5. Mask enforcement was zero. That is a huge issue. Especially when you have people disregarding the 4 person limit on the only elevator that is working.
 6.They ran out of coffee.

I have stayed in 1.5 star hotels that were better. The hotel was dated and needs to be upgraded and repaired. It was definitely not work the 200 plus I paid for the stay. I am seriously disgusted.

The person that mentioned the beaver chewed doors was spot on.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear SoofbytheBlueWhale,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect as a seasoned traveler. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you and leave you with a more favorable impression. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2021 via mobile

I don’t even know where to begin. I am currently laying awake past midnight writing this review because I cannot sleep. The a/c in my room does absolutely nothing even after being set to as low as possible for 9 hours. The WiFi is so slow I can’t watch a simple YouTube video at more than 240p and it still freezes often. There is a constant and loud vibrating/humming noise in the wall next to the bed’s headboard that I can do nothing to stop. I am in a handicap accessible room which I was not informed of and instead of a shower with a tub there is an open shower with a shower head that doesn’t attach to the wall and sprays water all over the bathroom unless held at all times. There are people yelling in the common lobby area even this late at night and the office chair and desk are virtually unusable due to their short height and shakiness. I want to ask for a refund or at least a different room but I’m sure it would take multiple hours to talk to a staff member because the hotel is booked full but there was only one front desk employee in sight. You would think that a convention center hotel would be used to accommodating large numbers of guests but they seem to not be functioning at all. This is the first review of a hotel I have ever made because this weekend hotel experience has been the worst of my life.

1  Thank K7212HFmatthewb

Dear K7212HFmatthewb,

I’m sorry to hear that you experienced issues with temperature control and that noise pollution kept you from having a restful night’s sleep; please forgive us. Your comfort is our highest priority and I regret that we left you less than completely satisfied. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Once again, on behalf of our entire staff - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed March 15, 2021 via mobile

Our main complaint was that large crowds of people were allowed to gather in the atrium of the hotel and they were continuously chanting and yelling loudly. These people gathered both evenings that we were there and the loud noise disturbance lasted for hours and continued until about 12:00 am each night. The management obviously does not enforce quite hours and does not enforce the use of face masks by their guests either. The hotel atrium had became a massive covid spreading party that was allowed and not controlled by the management of the hotel.

The website states that breakfast and room service is available and we discovered that they do not have either of them available when we checked in. I even received an email after booking the room from the hotel asking if I would like to add breakfast each morning at a discounted rate of $7 per person. They obviously do not update their website or their reservation email system.

The beds were not very comfortable and the sheets looked old and dirty. The shower curtain liner had mold on it and the tub did not drain well.

1  Thank V7301TBkims