Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TownePlace Suites
Hotels.com$169
Tripadvisor$169
Priceline
eDreams$179
All reviews mercy hospital full kitchen living room the hotel staff clean rooms yogurt parking lot walgreens stove rates refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2021 via mobile

It is a great place to stay. Great location. Friendly staff. Huge rooms. Great place to go to just hang out & catch up when you haven’t seen each other in awhile and meet to catch up. Clean. Can’t say that about a lot of places now days. Check it out.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Chris Baldwin, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. I hope the next time you visit you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 11, 2021 via mobile

I stayed here because I’m a visiting student for a rotation at the hospital. The location is perfect since it’s across the street from the hospital. However for $140/night to not have housekeeping or a full breakfast is ridiculous. This has nothing to do with COVID (despite the signs saying so), it just seems like a cost cutting measure. Especially since the bar and restaurant are open in the evening.

I’m sure when hotels bounce back from COVID this place will be amazing. But the price for fewer services, you might as well somewhere less expensive if all you get is a place to sleep.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
Chris Baldwin, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that, overall, you had a good time during your stay. I am sorry that some of the restrictions we have in place due to local ordinances, or Marriott SOPs, due to COVID put a damper on that. Our breakfast buffet has removed due to Springfield stopping all self-serve buffets. Marriott did provide an alternative option for their hotels to use as this was common throughout the pandemic. Our offerings do exceed what Marriott requires, but it is less than what we would have "normally". We also have reduced housekeeping services. Our room attendants do change trash and towels every 3 days and do full service every 7 days. This is to reduce the number of people in your room during your stay and reduce the risk of possible exposure for our guests and team members. Of course, should a guest need anything they only need to call the Front Desk and those items will be dropped off outside the door.

As restrictions continue to be lifted we will start to see these services, and others, come back.

Reviewed January 17, 2021

The third night we stayed in this hotel our vehicle along with three others were broken into in the back parking lot. Although we understand that the hotel cannot control what criminals do, we were extremely disappointed to hear the hotel staff tell us that vehicles have been hit several times at this location.
So we felt obligated to write this review to let everyone know that stays here this is not an isolated incident and apparently has been going on for sometime and has involved several vehicles. Unfortunately the hotel did not take the responsibility of letting us know at check-in parking behind the hotel was an unsafe location so maybe this review will help others who stay here in the future know that if you do not get a parking space out front your vehicle has a high probability of being vandalized, broken into and damage.
We did not even bother to discuss this incident further with the hotel because the mood seemed to be that this was common practice. The most astounding thing that occurred when we found our vehicle was when we placed an over the phone police report the dispatcher told us this was a regular occurrence at this location. Please protect yourself and your vehicles so this doesn’t happen to you.
To add insult to injury we were never even contacted by management at any point to offer their apologies. This is the second Marriott location that we have had a vehicle damaged. Again please choose wisely and if you have to choose this hotel please understand that the likelihood of this happening to your vehicle is very real.
If you absolutely have to stay at this hotel and cannot get a parking space out front we recommend that you park at Mercy Hospital as they regularly patrol their parking lots.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank jeremiahj262
Chris Baldwin, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the break in you experienced during your stay. Springfield has seen a sharp rise in break ins and theft city wide over the last couple months. Sadly, while we've had less than most places, we have still had this happen. We are working with the Springfield Police Department to try and find ways to stop this from occurring. I hope the next time you visit the area you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 24, 2020 via mobile

My husband was due for surgery at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. He had to replace his pacemaker and he wasn’t allowed to drive after the surgery. Since I have stopped driving, I decided that a hotel near the hospital would be ideal, and that’s where Towneplace comes in. It is opposite the hospital and within walking distance. The hotel has 2-bedroom suites with full kitchen. I didn’t cook much but the refrigerator and microwave came in handy. It is comfortable for a 3-night stay. Breakfast is free from 7-10am. No hot food at this time. There’s wrapped sausage biscuit, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc. The hotel is clean and the staff, friendly. The downside for us, is that there are no restaurants within walking distance. Of course, one can always call for delivery service. There’s a Walgreens next to the hotel. There’s one-bedroom suites and regular hotel rooms as well.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 821vivient
Chris Baldwin, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Our restaurant is currently offering a limited dinner menu Monday through Saturday. We are looking forward to having our hot breakfast buffet and full dinner menu available once we get through this pandemic. I hope the next time you visit the area you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 11, 2020

Nice hotel, bad housekeepers. House keepers, left note on my door wamting to clean my room AND THEY DECIDED when it was to be cleaned.I igmnored them. Was awakened on a Sunday by Sherry who not only called my room phone but called my personal cell phone number too!I did NOT GIVE THIS HOTEL PERMISSION TO GIVE MY PERSONAL NUMBER OUT TO Some MAID!!!!!THE GUEST PAYS THE BILLS HERE NOT YOUR STUPID MAIDS!!!! WHY WOULD I WANT A MAID IN MY ROOM WHEN COVID 19 IS AROUND? STUPID, STUPID,STUPID.Maybe a complaint to the health department my sufice.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Khgff233332
Chris Baldwin, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that, overall, you had a good time during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with housekeeping. We do require entering the room once every seven days to change all linen and terry as well as make sure the room is still in proper working condition. We try to coordinate that with our guests ahead of time. I am unsure as to why a room attendant would call your room and not the Front Desk Agent and we will be addressing that as well. I hope the next time you visit the area you will chose to stay with us again