Lowest prices for your stay
$87
Free cancellation until 01/30/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$87
Free cancellation until 01/30/22
Traveluro
$80
Priceline$87
Hotels.com$87
Lol.travel$105
All reviews full kitchen kerr street cracker barrel washers and dryers great place to stay staff was friendly cupboard highway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2021

We stayed 2 nights in a suite with a studio kitchen on the fourth floor and found it to be VERY quiet. The hotel provides free coffee and a pantry to purchase snacks and beverages. No breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a laundry basket (very helpful), free washers and dryers, unfortunately none of the four dryers seemed to be working properly (we reported it to the front desk), so we took our clothes to a laundromat a couple of miles away. We used the kitchen area for a muffin, juice and coffee on two mornings. It appeared that the room has sufficient kitchenware to set up housekeeping for awhile. The parking lot is very well lighted and a roving security comes by hourly.

Room tip: Our fourth floor suite was opposite the elevator and was very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed April 30, 2021

We stayed two nights at the Candlewood on Kerr Street in Springfield. It was a great location for those traveling on I-44. It is near many restaurants and a Cracker Barrel and Steak N Shake are easily within walking distance. The staff was friendly.

The biggest problem with this motel is the cleanliness. Our room was filthy. There were crumbs on countertops. There was hair and bobby pins in the bathroom that had not been cleaned up. The bathroom tile floor and kitchen floor were sticky and dirty. The living area furniture was dirty and stained. I have included a few pictures to support our review of the filth in the room.

Based on the filth in the room we would not recommend staying at this hotel. If you are a Candlewood Suites fan, we have stayed several times at the Candlewood Suites South on Republic Rd in Springfield. That facility is much cleaner.

Room tip: There may be less truck noise in rooms on the east side of the hotel due to many Semi Trucks idling on the West side.
Date of stay: April 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Candlewood Suites Springfield, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2021

Hi Guy_From_Normal,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We always want you to feel at home whenever you stay with us and it seems that we've missed the mark. I'm sorry to hear your discomfort due to the poor upkeep of the room and the bathroom. What you described isn't the brand standards that we live up to. I shared this with our hotel management. Your feedback will be used as a reference to coach our team, so better service will be sorted out.

On a lighter note, it's nice to know that you find our location convenient and our staff friendly!

We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs. I hope you'll come to visit us again and show that the unsatisfactory part of your visit was an exception!

Safe travels,

Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed January 6, 2021

I have been staying here for along time and they have always been their for me. The rooms are always clean the management Courtney is very helpful to make sure I am having a good stay. Jamie she is very happy when I come in I noticed she is like that to everybody that comes in the door. Even the maintenance man Rick and Jacque she cleans the rooms she says to me anything you need let me know . They have a really good people here and very friendly.

Room tip: I think the upper rooms are a lot quieter
Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2020

Great accommodations with great hospitality. Make sure to get with the assistant manager Ashley for anything you need. She will get it taken care of with no hassle. All staff was great during my stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2020

Couldn't have been a better stay! The staff is so friendly and took care of any needs I had, and their little cupboard store had such a variety of items at a reasonable price. My room was huge, almost as big as an apartment with a full kitchen, and you can tell they are going the extra steps for covid. All in all I will be returning to this location in the future.

Room tip: King rooms are huge and set up just like an apartment
Date of stay: November 2020