“Will not return”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

If I rated this restaurant on service it would definitely be a five star, but based on the food it barely is a two star. This is our third time visiting Jimm’s and the last time, it was really bad. The best things other than the service was the garlic cheese bread appetizer, it really was delicious and enough for 3-4 people. Next was the wedge salad that was also good, fresh, and plenty of blue cheese dressing but no bacon which I expected on a wedge? Then the entree, which is why I went here in the first place, a steak. This is the second time with zero flavor! I know it is not difficult to put plenty of salt and pepper on a steak, bring it to room temperature before cooking, and let it rest after cooking, but NONE of those things appeared to happen to my 14 ounce ribeye. It had zero flavor and was as tough as a cheap sirloin. It also did not have the nice piece of typical well marbled meat around the end, it had a very very small band and even that was tough. This was a far cry from a prime cut of meat. The baked potato was small and dried out like it had been cooked earlier in the day and kept warm. My partner had a pork chop and he said it was good. I ordered bread pudding to go and it had a good flavor but didn’t look appealing. I was expecting a nice cube/rectangle of bread pudding but it was a glob smashed into a round deli container. Our meal with one appetizer, two entrees, water, and one dessert was $75 with tip and a burger from Wendy’s would have been better. I am not sure how this place has so many great reviews? Poor quality meat two out of three times is not a mistake, it must be their norm.

2  Thank KelliCrane

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Best service in town. Always take great care of us. I had my 50th birthday party here and it was perfect. Thank you to the staff.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husband was in the mood for steak and since both Trip Advisor and the hotel desk clerk recommended this place we decided to try it. It was really, really good. My husband, the steak eater, ended up with the special- a stuffed chicken breast on a bed of smashed potatoes with asparagus. It also came with a choice of the salad bar, a Caesar salad or a blue cheese lettuce wedge. We both had the Caesar salad with fresh cracked pepper. I had the Hawaiian steak, a perfect medium rare, no fat. Great flavor. The salad bar looked wonderful but way too much food for us. We left stuffed and happy. No wait to get in early on a Monday night, we highly recommend this place if you are in the area. While the entrees were excellent there was not too much excitement with side's (The smashed potatoes on the special or my baked potato). But oh, those entrees...

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Jimm's is a staple with my family and at work for lunch. Everything is great and the service is always perfect. The salad bar is classic and fresh. The prices are very reasonable and maybe low for the quality of the food. HIGHLY recommend the prime rib as well as the prime rib sandwich!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Very good deal if you do the early dinner hours. The food is priced a little cheaper and you get a free dessert with your meal. The staff are very friendly and attentive to your needs. Food was served quick and drinks remained full.

Make sure and get the salad bar for your side. It is self serve and very good. The food is fresh on the salad bar and there is pasta and potato salad offered.

I had the prime rib and it was very good. It comes with horseradish on the side and auju. The quality was excellent and cooked exactly as ordered. My wife had the Cajun chicken pasta and this was very good. The only issue with the meal was the pasta was spicier than we are used to.

The dessert is also very good and make sure you save room. If you are celebrating your birthday the dessert is free. Also if you and sign up to their email newsletter the dessert it free.

I highly recommended this place if you are in the location.