Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$96
FindHotel$119
Travelocity$96
Orbitz.com$96
Trip.com$121
CheapTickets$96
All reviews gummy worms bass wildlife museum rustic furniture johnny morris directly across the street stay there again indoor pool room was clean breakfast was amazing hot tub nice hotel yogurt great place to stay one night stay hot breakfast enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2021

My family had a death in the family. My daugher and husband was not doing well. I booked them a room at the Anglers Lodge. To give them away time and just take it easy.
To my surprize the staff a the Lodge, knew of my plan and went out of their way to make it a very nice stay for them. Flowers in the room and a gift. I was so impressed with this staff I am going from now on book my stays in the lodge when I am in the area. Thank you Angler's Lodge, you made me a believer that there are caring and good people out there.

Date of stay: October 2021
Big Cedar, Other at Bass Pro Shops Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2021

We are so glad to hear about your daughter and son-in-law's get-a-way during such a trying time, what a sweet gesture to book a stay for them! Thank you for sharing your experience in coordinating with our team to make your daughter and son-in-law's get-a-way relaxing and special. We hope you are all able to come to visit sometime soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2021

We have stayed at Big Cedar Lodge many times, so when we decided to spend a weekend in Springfield and go to Wonders of Wildlife, we booked Angler's Lodge in hopes that it was being held to the same standard of quality that we have come to expect from Johnny Morris properties. We were sadly let down. First and foremost, when I called to book, my first question was "Do you have a hot tub?". It was our #1 priority when choosing the hotel. The booking agent assured us that the property had a hot tub. When we check in, I look into the pool area and see cones around the hot tub. When I ask about it, the front desk clerk informs me that the hot tub has been broken "for weeks" and they don't know if they will be able to fix it. When I tell her that I specifically asked about the hot tub, she rolled her eyes and said "Well, you didn't talk to me. You probably called Big Cedar when you booked and they have no idea what's happening around here". I know the hot tub being broken and the misinformation we were given isn't her fault, but she didn't offer up any apology or concern at all and just handed us the room key dismissively which I found a bit off-putting and was not a good way to kick off our family weekend.
Our room location was nice, we requested to be close to the pool and hot tub and they accommodated us. Our view out the window was a privacy fence, but that wasn't a big deal to us. We were still a little irritated by the lack of a hot tub and the unfriendly front desk attendant, and were even more disappointed when we saw the room. It was so tiny! We have stayed in dozens of hotels in Springfield over the years and we couldn't believe that $200 a night bought you such a tiny room. We almost checked out and looked for another hotel to stay in, but it was already after 6 when we checked in and we were going to WoW the next morning, so we decided to just tough it out and maybe find something else the next day.
We decided to make the best of things and take my daughter to the pool since that was the reason we asked for a room close by. We get to the small pool, my daughter jumps in and it is ice cold. No wonder there was nobody but us at the pool in a hotel filled with families. We stayed for about 15 minutes hoping that my daughter acclimate to the temperature, but she couldn't take it anymore so we left. While we were there, two other families with small children tried the pool and gave up too. On the way out, one of the parents asked the front desk clerk if the water was always that cold, to which she simply replied "yes".
All in all we still had a good time in Springfield. WoW was great and the breakfast that was included with the hotel was excellent (the breakfast staff and the food is the only thing that kept me from a 2 star rating), and we had some fun activities while in Springfield. The gummy worms in the room were a nice touch. I'm sure we'll be back to WoW, we'll probably just book a different hotel.

Date of stay: September 2021
Big Cedar, Other at Bass Pro Shops Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2021

We are disappointed to hear about the miscommunication you experienced at Angler's Lodge Springfield, we expect perfection and it appears that we have fallen short of the expectations. We will address this with our Operations Team.

Reviewed July 16, 2021 via mobile

Nice theme! Beds not comfy. Small rooms. Breakfast was awesome, lots of hot options, biscuit and gravy, waffles, eggs, bacon and sausage, and cereals, pastries too. Across the street from Bass Pro, lots of restaurants and Walmart is nearby.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Big Cedar, Other at Bass Pro Shops Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2021

Thank you for visiting! We hope you come back again soon for another visit to the Springfield area!

Reviewed July 4, 2021 via mobile

Nice place to stay and it's right next to the aquarium. The breakfast they offer was amazing. The beds felt/looked a little smaller than two queens we paid for, but they assured us they were queen size. Overall a decent place to stay and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Room tip: There was road construction when we stayed so traffic was a little backed up. Just plan for delays as traffic is going to be heavy in these areas at times.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Big Cedar, Other at Bass Pro Shops Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

Thank you for visiting our convenient location in Springfield! We certainly hope to have you back again soon for another visit!

Reviewed May 14, 2021

The hotel seems to be older, but very clean and up-to-date. The staff was great and very helpful. Hot breakfast was also very good. Would definitely recommend staying here. Great location for Bass Pro and lots of other attractions. Also, close to the airport.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Karen B
Big Cedar, Other at Bass Pro Shops Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2021

Thank you for the recommendation, Karen!