Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Sikeston MO
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Pear Tree Inn Sikeston(Sikeston)
Quality Inn(Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsliving roombiscuits and gravywafflesbed was comfortablecontinental breakfastlarge breakfast roommini muffinsbeautiful lobbynice surprisean older propertycoffee makersuite dreamswater pressure was adequatesand spursskimpy towelsice bucketgreat price
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2018

I was totally unprepared for the apartment-sized suite with separate small kitchen, living room and king size bedroom. Big enough for a family. The reception area is dramatic and impressive looking like a southern mansion. Staff very responsive and helpful. But there are cracks in the armor - missing room number sign, bathroom cabinets looking like distressed wood, but I think just worn out (not stressed by design!), small water stain and drywall damage near the toilet, different paint covered by not-too-secure hair dryer, dresser edging coming off, the way the floor creaked I imagine downstairs rooms hear upstairs footsteps. I moved a bedside table to suit my needs and found unused tissues and dust bunnies behind - the rest of the area was cleanly vacuumed, no problems at all with bedding, surfaces, bathroom cleanliness. Good desk area with task lighting, could use more accessible electric plugs - bedroom plugs occupied, only two unoccupied at desk, I needed 3 but used the kitchen. Located near intersection of two interstates on frontage road, fairly easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

What would have been a decent stay at a slightly outdated hotel with nice-sized rooms has turned into a complete nightmare.

Why? The owner.

An ice storm moved through overnight in early February 2018. I slipped and fell on their north exit stairs outside from the ice build-up that they neglected to salt down. I hit my lower back really hard and felt instant pain.

I filed an injury report with the front desk. First strike? No outdoor cameras to capture it. I went and took photos of the conditions where I fell. I told the lady at the front desk I was going to drive for a bit (continuing on for the job I was mobilizing out to) and if the back pain didn’t lessen I would be visiting an urgent care. I ended up having to do that and they referred me to an ER for further examination.

Before I even arrived at the urgent care, I alerted the hotel I would be needing to stop and be examined and to please have a manager or owner call me ASAP to provide insurance info to provide for the bill to be paid. I ended up having to use my private insurance due to not hearing back. I’ve since been in contact with the hotel and their corporate partner RLH to try to obtain the insurance information.

The owner told me that his insurance advised him NOT to release their name to me. Why? What’s the point of that? He said they’d been reaching out to me or the hospitals to handle the matter. It’s a few days shy of two weeks now since the incident happened, and I still haven’t heard ANYTHING from his “insurance company” and corporate RLH is stonewalling as well.

Terrible terrible customer service. I will not be stopping until I get the info I’m after. I’m leaving these reviews first, then a lawyer, and then I’m going to the local news near this town to get a story run about the hotel and its shady owner if I don’t get resolution!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2018

This hotel needs some work. The building is old and needs updates. The photos on line make it look MUCH nicer than it is. Every door was creeky and difficult to close. The bed was uncomfortable. The heater was old and noisy and the circulation was poor. It was very cold in the bathroom. Upon entering through a side door, we could barely maneuver through piles of boxes and debris piled in front of and blocking an ice machine. Very tacky and likely a fire hazard. The signs at the front desk concerning their pet policy were inaccurate. We travel with our 2 dogs which were permitted there. However, the grounds are very dog unfriendly. As we walked our dogs, they started to limp. We had to carry them from the area and remove thorns from their paws! Horrible! It was extra disappointing because the hotel has good curb appeal with a pond in front. We thought it would be nice to walk our dogs around the pond, but discovered the hard way how hazardous it was there! They need to hire a lawn service to remove the prickly growth. The desk employees were nice and we appreciated having a first floor room near an exit, but will choose a different hotel in the future.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Johnette S
Reviewed February 9, 2018

Renovation will bring this back to a very good hotel. if the facility was modernized a tad, this place easily deserves four stars. While dated, my suite (every room is a suite) was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed. I hope all goes well, because it could be a 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 25, 2018

This was a nice place to stay. The suite had a living room, kitchen, and bedroom. After a long day on the road, it was a welcome site. The bed was comfortable and had sufficient pillows. The food was OK, but nothing to brag about. The coffee was weak. The price was right. The staff were helpful and friendly. The place is under renovation, but we didn't hear a sound.

Room Tip: 238 was a great place to stay
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple