3,559 results
All reviewslight showgrand hallmain hallbeautiful hotelhard rocklandry's seafoodthe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful lobbyself parkscottrade centerlobby areavalet servicecity museumfitness centercardinals gamest
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This was my third time at this hotel, and it was still very pleasant experience.
Compared to the previous years though, I found the quality of cleaning service to go down.
For example, when I checked in, I found someone's sock on the floor by the bed.
Overall, it is still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Danielle C, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Historic St. Louis Union Station Hotel. We truly apologize that room was not thoroughly inspected as this is not our standard of service and we will be certain to follow up with our housekeeping team. We are pleased to hear nevertheless that you were able to enjoy your time with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I didn't stay at the hotel but my brother has & expressed that it's an experience not to be missed (train themed rooms). Once the oldest & biggest train station in the US the synthesis between historic elegance and modern detail is extraordinary! The medieval exterior may fool you you are in Europe. Good Starbucks on the main level too.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Once construction is completed this place is going to be amazing.

Location: we walked everywhere- City Museum, the Arch, restaurants and found that when we needed a Lyft, the ride was no more than 10 minutes and cost less than $10 total. The only downside of this location as that there isn’t shopping or restaurants directly outside the hotel, it’s a 15 minute plus walk.

Room: We were originally given a room that faces an indoor area that’s completely under construction, your view is literally piles of dirt
and construction equipment- it was horrible. We changed rooms and had a pool view, the room was clean, bright and had a window seat that my daughter LOVED.

Pool: The pool was dirty, there was garbage floating in it and we never saw a single employee come to clean the pool or surrounding area. I actually cleaned the pool with a makeshift strainer because I couldn’t handle it. It was pretty fun seeing the water/light show from the pool everyday!

Restaurants: The restaurant options are VERY, VERY limited. The Grand Hall Market was out of EVERYTHING each time we went down to get snacks (fruit, bagels, cereal, juice, sandwiches). We ate breakfast at the Station Grille and had fantastic service, the food (buffet) was delicious.

Staff: front of house staff wasn’t that great- The gal that checked us in wasn’t very pleasant, the cleaning lady wasn’t very nice and again, not seeing a single person come to check on the pool area was disappointing.

The good completely outweighs the not-so-great thing about this hotel. I hope they can button-up some of these operation issues.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed there for one night on our family vacation. We reserved 2 rooms through Priceline which said this was a 4.5 Star hotel. We got there at about 10pm and the staff was rude. We had a bell hop help with our luggage bc there was 6 adults and 2 kids. We got to one room 6211. It was ok there was scratches and paint missing in the room and the bathroom was kinda unkept. The second room 2513. Lets just say it looked like a party just exited the room. The sheet and pillows were off the bed, towels on the ground and trash everywhere. The bellhop was so embarrassed for he company. He then called down and got us a new room. Room 2517. We walked in and it was the same way as the first room. My wife walked down to talk to a manager about the room issue. The manager said he knew that the cleaning crews stopped cleaning earlier that day. He acted like he just wanted us to get away from him. So he changed our room for the 3rd time. He then gave us free breakfast for the family. And he said that he was taking care of parking which I didn’t understand bc that was included in our first room. We then went to the room 2629. The room was at least clean. There was paint missing on the trim. And scratches on the walls. The bathroom tub faucet was not attached to the wall. My 3 yr kept pulling it away from the wall. Once we woke up to leave the next morning we went to get breakfast. It was below average for a buffet. Eggs were dry and burnt. The only thing was good was the fruit. I then called Priceline to complain about the service and I wanted one of the rooms refunded bc of the horrible service that we had received. They called the hotel and they said that they had already compensated us by the parking and breakfast and that they will not be doing anything else. I don’t recommend this hotel. The only nice people were the bell hops.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The outside structure was awe inspiring and looked like a "castle" on approach. I really love the huge arched lobby which incorporates the elements of the old train station with ornate sparkling ceiling. The downside is that there is construction going on leading from the lobby to the guest rooms. The hotel is huge and could be overwhelming to the guests. The rooms are comfortable however.

Room Tip: If there are physical limitations, ask for a room that is closer to the lobby because I had to walk very far to get to my room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business