All reviews premium room room was clean forest park barnes jewish hospital front desk clerk convenient location tori lora louis rates housekeeper zoo downtown
Reviewed 22 July 2018

If you are a sensitive sleeper this is not the hotel for you. There is a lot of outside noise audible in the bedroom. We frequently also heard our neighbors. The choice of firm and soft pillows were a nice distraction from the worn out bed. Room temperature was hard to control and got warmer based on the other rooms. We had to turn on the air conditioner eventually to help bring the temperature down.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jferryall
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park - Red Roof Plus. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. Each of our rooms has an individual climate control system, with its own heater and air conditioner. I do apologize for any loud neighbors you may have had. We are always happy to intervene with any such issues to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

This hotel was well suited for our needs as we were traveling with 3 adults and 2 cats. We appreciated the accommodations. The staff was available for us. We arrived a little late but found an outstanding restaurant nearby on their recommendation.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our property. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and for making other travelers aware of the friendly service that the staff at Red Roof Plus provided. We take pride in making sure our guests are satisfied with the service we provide. We appreciate feedback from all of our guests as we always look for ways to improve the service and overall stay of our visitors.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

When we got to our room, there was long, black hair stuck to the side of the shower, hair on the floor of the bathroom and stains on the bedspread. The sheets were inside out on the bed, which made us think they had not been cleaned, just turned inside out. There was also a woman dressed in a velour jump suit that I’m pretty sure was doing “business” out of the motel. We ended up asking for our money back and going to the Drury Inn (and paid less than the Red Roof had charged us). I would not recommend this place to my dog. Dirty and in a sketchy neighborhood. Front desk ladies were nice, manager, not so nice.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park - Red Roof Plus. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies for the hair found in your bathroom. We will be working with our staff and we will be providing enhanced training to prevent any such issues in the future. We take your comments very seriously and will use them to improve the service we offer each one of our guests. We are located in one of the best neighborhoods in St. Louis, The Hill. We are always willing to approach any disruptive behavior to ensure our guests happiness. I'm not sure what happened that you believe I was not nice to you, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We were in St. Louis for a week and stayed at the Red Roof Inn Plus. It is seriously in a great location (right in The Hill) near awesome restaurants and just south of Forest Park. It is more of a motel than a hotel. We had to get our key cards fixed at least 8 times so we could get into our room. The safe in our room also had to be fixed twice. The room does not include a fridge or microwave which would have been nice for our extended stay. The AC worked great the whole time and the room was overall pretty clean. There were a few people that would smoke near our room, but the room did not smell like smoke.

Room tip: Book ahead of time
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you SO much for taking the time to review our property. The team will definitely appreciate your kind words. I am glad that you appreciate our newly remodeled rooms. Unfortunately, the key cards can be deactivated by many outside computers, including your cell phone, and car keys. I do apologize for that, but we are always here and happy to make you extra keys. I'm not sure what happened with the error on the safe, but each time that we overrode your password, it had no problem resetting. The Red Roof Plus offers a good value for those traveling on a budget, therefore, we offer our basic standard rooms to suit any needs. We also have an upgraded version that comes with a micro/fridge. Or, you could always try one of our Premium rooms. They come with extra plush terry and pillows, a business workstation, 5 settings on the shower head, a larger flat screen TV, iron/ironing board, blow-dryers, coffee maker, and a micro/fridge that includes a delicious snack box. The box has an orange juice, bottled water, popcorn, 2 granola bars and trail mix. All three options are available in your choice of a king bed, or two double beds. So we hope to see you in your future travels, and we will have a Premium room waiting for you.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

My neighbors were really loud until about midnight. Slamming their room door, shouting, talking. When I was checking out in the morning, they were too, and I noticed they had a parrot, a bunch of dogs, and some other animals in cages.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
i0135, Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our room accommodations to be comfortable. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. We are always happy to look into any disruptions that are disturbing our guests. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction up until you leave our hotel so we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our team will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future if you give us the chance.