1,046 results
All reviewsfox and houndsforest parkthemed roomsliterary themejames bond suitetudor stylebathroom lightscavenger huntclayton roadwood burning fireplacecontinental breakfastquaint hotelfresh fruitunderground parkingchain hotelwashington universityart museum
Reviewed 4 August 2018

The bad: Hotel needs a major facelift and cleaning. Everything is dingy, dirty and most likely not in proper working order. In my room we had no hot water (this is a hotel wide issue), closet door was broken off hinge and door would fall down if attempted to open (this was an obviously known fault, cleaning crews come by very late in the afternoon after most (I) have returned from the days outings.

The good: Location is nice, close to the Zoo, Busch Stadium and St. Louis Arch. The staff is very very friendly, prompt and seem to being doing the best they can.

Summary: This is a hotel in deep decline. It's not worthy of 3 or 4 stars no matter how much you polish it. Overall dinge, overpowering smell of pine oil, no mini fridge or microwave in room make this a place to avoid (Keurig coffee pot and wifi however are included). I believe listed rates are $130/per night and up. I didn't pay near that and I'm not comfortable with the "deal" I got. As I said, I was reminded of the Grand Budapest, a landmark hotel now in decline. And that's exactly what this place is.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to avoid disappointment
Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Clean and updated room with beautiful antique stuff all over the place. Nice lounge with music and good/reasonable service. The attached restaurants with great food and happy hour. Breakfast menu varied every day.

Room Tip: Outdoor patio with well kept flowers to use for breakfast or coffee or aftyernoon drinks.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Shaaban B
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We have loved the place for years, even before the renovation, but the dog friendly tag stop us in our tracks. This summer we have observed someone getting bitten, stepped in dog pooh in an outside dinning and even had my meal taken over by a "service dog." This arrogant entitlement to pass off family pets as service dogs is an epidemic. Since developing allergies I am finding less places to stay. It would help if you would designate some rooms pet free.
Is the staff up to the task of policing dog owners? Proberbly the same as everywhere else. Also I don't believe you would be in violation of federal or state law if you were to ask for rental or homeowner insurance covering that explicitly pet staying. And also providing liability details from local lawyers. For example if the child bitten has no insurance that bill could be in the six figure zone, or if an actual service dog is rendered in capable, the blind service dogs are in the $20,000.plus range. You certainly don't want to discourage business you are actively seeking but not at the expense of others, and it is a fair preventative measure to provide dog free rooms, and liability assurances.
If you don't ask, theoretically someone may hold your establishment accountible.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

This is a British themed hotel and brings back memories of being in Europe. Great and quick check in by James. Nice breakfast included. Helpful front desk staff. Three good restaurants on site. Super location for visiting the Zoo or Forest Park. Very comfortable bed!! Highly recommend.
Dapper Dave
The Traveling Man

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I have been traveling in the USA for 21 years now. This hotel come to the top of my list. 1- open and free Breakfast: there is nothing new on the menu but it is how they are prepared. You can tell the fruits were just cut. The coffee was just brewed. The danish was still fluffy.
2- Swimming pool: very small but the flowers, the music, the staff, the shades, the bar, all makes this tiny pool makes you want to stay there all day long.
3- the ambience: the place may look ordinary from the outside but the moment you get in you will know you traveled through time to an old (but fancy) English Inn. But old I mean the decor. The facilities are all modern, TV, beds, etc. it is the paintings, doors, and walls. Talking about the wall it is rather thin so you may hear some of the neighbors chatting unfortunately. I pretended they are ghosts and I am sleeping in a hunted castle.
4- the staff: the lady at the front desk was friendly and professional despite that we checked in after midnight. The breakfast bar staff was professional and kept the place clean despite the small space and large traffic.
All in all this is the place to go to when visiting St Louis.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family