“Country fare”

Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We offer a range of food from a bowl of chips to huge mixed grill meal. We offer great pizzas on a Wednesday and Thursday.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Nice family restaurant with big country servings. Go for the steak. The burger has a lot of mayonaise.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I have stayed here before and brought my wife this trip so she could see it. It is a rustic, spartan place, but very quaint. It is NOT flashy, but it is clean and the staff is very friendly. The bar/restaurant is attached and serves very good meals. The staff could not be friendlier. I really enjoy staying here but it may not be for everyone.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Wheels & Wheels. See review. Had two meals at Railway Hotel. Enjoyed the food, wine and atmosphere. Just wish the Railway was still running ( with steam trains).

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Busy place. Huge dining area. Meals arrived fast from the Bistro. We ate there twice. Pity it doesnt serve breakfast to its guests as rooms dont have cooking facilities. Not even a fridge.

1  Thank OVERSZ
Thomas L, Owner at Mossburn Railway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hi Thanks for the review. Its good to hear that you got served quickly.
As for the breakfast and the fridge, I can only assume that I (or my staff) forgot to show you the breakfast lounge. My apologies for that. We include a free continental breakfast to or guests and also give you access to the fridge in the lounge area. Again my apologies for the mistake. I hope we can be of service to you the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Mossburn is only a small township but this pub appears to be the beating heart. It attracts the locals for a quiet ale and a decent meal and visitors are warmly welcomed. The newly opened Wheels & Reels accommodation across the road provides quiet, clean and comfortable lodgings in recently renovated rooms. Top spot.