“Lula's Tavern - The place to go for great food and exceptional value”
Review of Lula's Tavern

Lula's Tavern
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Moberly
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Lula's Tavern is a perfect example, if not one of the best, of the great restaurants you can find in small towns in Missouri. This is our second visit and both of our evenings have been great. We arrived at 5:15 on Friday, 7/14 and place was full, with our wait for a table around 30 minutes. The 30 minutes passed quickly as we visited in the friendly bar area. We ordered 1/2 Rack of Ribs, Ahi Tuna and Prime Rib. My ribs were some of the best I have ever had, with such a great smoky flavor.

All of our dinners were outstanding, we all took a box home and enjoyed more the next day. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, our waitress was very friendly and provided great service. Mike, the owner, works very hard in the kitchen each night and he and his staff provide great food and an enjoyable dining experience. I highly recommend Lula's Tavern and urge you to get there early to reduce your wait time.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A group of us (6) met over in Moberly to tour a nearby grassfed beef ranch. Since our meeting was first thing in the morning, most of us came over the evening before so we could be there first thing in the morning. I didn't know what to expect out of Moberly, I had only driven though maybe once or twice and never to stay over let alone search out eating establishments.

I checked on TripAdvisor and Lula's Tavern came up.. I read the reviews and seemed to me to be just the kind of place I like. Local favorite and good food. A no nonsense Midwest approach.

The building from the outside is nothing to shake a stick at.... just a block building as you can see from the photos. Plenty of parking either side of the street and nothing really around it. Inside, it is a typical bar/restaurant..... bar the length with stools and opposite small booths and some tables. Since the place was pretty well packed (its small) and the rest of our group wasn't there yet, we opted to drink at the bar until a table opened up. About a drink later, a table in the back room opened up and we all took our drinks and went to the back which was actually bigger than the front.

Decor is typical bar/restaurant... wooden chairs, wooden tables..... enough room, but just so.

However, the food was fantastic. I had a queen cut prime rib with 1/2 order of peel and eat shrimp.... I can understand the perfectly done prime rib....we're in cattle country.....but where they find shrimp that big in the Midwest is beyond me..... excellently prepared. There was nothing "off".... everything prepared well. Prime rib medium rare. Perfect. Salad and baked potato, perfect. Everyone in our group very satisfied. Waitstaff was very pleasant, but busy, meaning no chatty goof offs..... these ladies had done this before. Drinks magically filled or new ones appeared on their own.

When all was said done, yes we had to wait and I usually don't like that but this was a very enjoyable experience. As far as value, I would rate very high for the quality (and quantity) of food that you receive. The next time I am in Moberly, can't wait to take my wife there. She'll love it.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This is a small place with great food! The prime rib and shrimp were some of the best I've ever had! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

A friend who lives in Moberly recommended this small local restaurant. As we are prone to gravitate to small local eateries this sounded like a place worth trying. We were not disappointed. It was evident that this was a gathering place for locals. Some would classify it as a dive bar by appearance. Lula's holds maybe fifty people max. When we were seated the server came immediately. She was very friendly. WE asked if Lula's took credit cards, they DO NOT! However she said we could run down the street to an ATM after dinner and get green money.
We decided to split the prime rib dinner and accompanying salad. The Prime rib was to kill for, tasty and tender accompanied by a humongous fully loaded backed potato,. I'm sure the rest of the rather limited list of entrees was just as good. Our check was just shy of thirty bucks. We went to the ATM, returned and left a generous tip. Lula's is definitely on our go back list. We'll bring CASH!

1  Thank Claude L
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Got there at 430 p.m. on a Thursday before they got busy. They serve Coke products in a bottle so there are no free refills. They have a limited menu but what they have is very good. They also have a bar with a good selection of alcohol and beer to choose from. I had the half rack of ribs and the wife had the shrimp dinner , both meals were on a huge platter with lots of french fries. You also get the choice of a side salad or baked potato or french fries. The waitress was very friendly and came back a number of times to check on us. They do not accept credit or debit cards. It's either cash or a personal check.

Been to Lula's Tavern? Share your experiences!