“90 min late they delivered cold”
Review of Serra Pizzeria

Serra Pizzeria
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

90 min late they delivered cold pizza. The meat lovers pizza is awful. (yes it was cold so maybe it would have been better warm. I’ll never know). The staff just don’t care.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed 29 March 2020

We went yesterday to pick up a pizza and support local during the epidemic. People were waiting in their cars an hour + past their pick up time given. We ordered one pizza and it was a disaster. Would love to support local restaurants, but being organized wasn’t a plus here. Pizza was amazing but we won’t be back due to the disorganized mess we and many others experienced.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 2 November 2019 via mobile

We visited a few weeks ago on a late Friday night. The service was slow being there was only 3 other tables but the food was good so we decided to give it another chance. This Friday was just a terrible experience with only a half full dining room. The service isn't attentive! I had to ask for water multiple times before finally getting another waitress to fill it up. My husband got his salad rather quickly but after that things went downhill. After waiting over 30 minutes the waitress brought some bread to the table and I asked for my pasta if the pizza wasn't ready. My pasta came out cold. Then at the 60 minute mark I asked for our pizza to just be boxed to go, and a take out container for my pasta (so I could heat it up at home to eat). After 75 minutes was about to walk out without the pizza but magically it was coming out when we walking through the restaurant. 75 minutes for a thin crust pizza, not worth it. The table next to us asked for bread 3 times and never received any. They finally got their pizza after being there "over an hour".... They still wanted their $45 for a pizza, salad and pasta without any apologies or explanation for the terrible service.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are in the St Louis area staying for a few weeks at the staybridge for my sons foot treatments at stl children’s hospital and since it’s Good Friday and were catholic we decided to stay away from meat and order a pizza. I called asked for a pizza with just half cheese and the other half no cheese just Canadian bacon ( wife is dairy free) after waiting over an hour the pizza arrived. Pizza was all cheese. I called Serra’s back and an hour later our pizza was delivered correctly. The cheese tasted horrible. I mean... horrible. We live in a Sicilian town in Michigan and my family is from Italy so we know a good Italian pizza when we see/eat one. The crust was very hard. Also, when ordering the first time we ordered garlic bread. Bread definitely did not taste like garlic and the only 2 pieces of bread were broken ( not whole pieces but looked like they got ran over by a truck. Very little cheese was on there too. I was going to call back requesting my money back but didn’t want to be a pest so we just threw out the pizza. My wife thought her pizza was horrible. We had 1 piece each and we couldn’t eat it anymore. The reviews for this place looked decent but we certainly didn’t care for it. We are disappointed and won’t be returning when we come back to stl in a few weeks

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for a great pizza or Italian food in general this place is worth the trip. Excellent pizza and a great selection of pasta dishes, sandwiches and salads . Definitely family run, I would guess 70% of the staff is family and it shows great service and always friendly. I will always support local family owned business if possible. Also close to Hollywood Casino for a bite before a concert.

Date of visit: December 2018