Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Farm excursions

Reviewed 4 September 2019
Hardtoplz
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

I checked this place out online and when I arrived, I was in love! So many animals to see, pet, feed and love on! I took bags of apples, carrots and sweet potatoes to feed everyone. I cut them up in small pieces so even the little animals could have treats! I’ve been back Once and I’ll be there next week! These animals and the owner are wonderful! It’s a rescue ranch so if you go, take some apples and sweet potatoes!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Pen0206
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

What a great little find. Whether you stay at the B and B or just visit for a day trip it's quite the escape. I stayed in the 1800's farmhouse, read the history and family Tree. The host was a wonderful person who has dedicated her life to this animal rescue farm. Found peace and solitude all over the farm. Found myself talking with the animals.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My 10 year old daughter has a serious pig obsession, anything pig gets her excited. I came across this gem on Groupon and didn’t even know it existed but immediately knew we had to take her.
Our 14 year old along with ourselves loved it just as much as the little one! It’s so amazing to see this type of farm. All the animals roam free and obviously enjoy life, it’s really such a great place!
We were on a time constraint, but I feel as if you could spend hours looking at all the pig Knick knacks inside the beautiful old house.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank HeatherCox
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Don't wear good shoes because there are animals. Very fun for kids to get close and feed the animals. We even got a lama to eat a cracker out of the kids mouth. A lama kiss. Neat farm with lots of animals.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Huge undertaking by a very hard working, strong woman. If you love animals, this is THE place to put on your to do list if you travel through Missouri !!

Yes the entry is a mere $3 -- but we eagerly donated more prior to leaving, as this was the most hands-on animal encounters you will experience this day and age. Having lived on a farm as a young child, I missed that certain smell, and sound --- this was so nostalgic for me. My 20 yr old keeps getting asked what was her favorite thing about our 2 week road trip from south Louisiana thru MO and back -- she raves about the PIG FARM every time !!

Had it not been literally 100 degrees the entire time we were there, we would have stayed even longer --- we made memories to cherish for a lifetime, still chatter about the amount of pig memorabilia displayed so eloquently throughout the original structure, and smile when discussing how capable and full of hospitality both the owner and her sidekick Kennedy where for us that day !

I hope someone with the financial means gives this place a huge boost one day, as it brings a connection to nature that has been LOST in the era of technology, and I truly wish for it to be maintained for years to come, so many others can enjoy what
it offers !!!