“Brunch with friends”

The Majestic Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,559 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: US$10 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Majestic Restaurant carries on the Kansas City traditions of great food and great jazz. We serve brunch Saturday and Sunday, lunch Monday-Friday, and dinner seven nights a week. Featuring Kansas City's best dry-aged beef, chops, and seafood and located in the historic Fitzpatrick Saloon building at 10th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, The Majestic Restaurant offers a true Kansas City dining experience like no other. Enjoy a great steak and fine wine in our main dining room alongside a grand bar dating back to 1910, or have dinner in our lower level jazz club, the site of an actual speakeasy during prohibition, all while listening to some of Kansas City's best jazz musicians seven nights a week. An extensive wine list, creative cocktails by nationally renowned bartender Shawn Moriarty, a list of over 100 whiskeys, and a sinful selection of delectable homemade desserts provide the perfect accompaniment to the meal and the music.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes you want to eat here. Yes order the buffalo sausage gravy and biscuits or the baked french toast. You will enjoy the live music from a great pianist that plays a lot of different things and the service was fantastic. I know I don't have to tell you, but yes you want the Bloody Mary's too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had dinner there for the first time in November 2018. The food was delicious. I ordered scallop with crab meat as entrée. The jazz music in the basement was great.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

The food was very good. The wine and liquor selection was vast. The live jazz in the background was an added bonus. The portions were huge. The service was friendly and good, but very slow.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I researched all the restaurants near the convention center. I am a foodie and the reviews for this place made me excited to trek the 0.8 miles because they had Lamb Chops on the menu! This is a steak joint and I think they probably do fine with steak. The lamb was a calamity of errors. I like my lamb medium rare but always cautious of people overcooking lamb so I ordered rare, knowing I may need to send it back. It was presented beautifullly, cooked right, at the initial impression until I cut in and found it to be RAW!! so - I was patient and sent it back. clarifying I was fine with medium rare - just did not want it over-cooked. It took a while for ity to return, all the sides now being cold, the small piece I had cut, was good and was right on, but upon cutting into the next chop - again RAW?! showed the waiter and they sent it back a second time. Upon the third attempt of cooking, the lamb was brought out BURNT on the outside, I am thinking it was still rare / raw on the inside). At this point, I had truly lost my appetite. Sadly this was not the only problem, it was served with an odd bordelaise sauce that was also possibly burnt and carried a flavor more appropriate for steak than lamb. The sauce flavor with the little bit of lamb that I did taste was awful. I recommended that they either learn how to cook lamb or take it off the menu.

On top of all this, it was clear that because I happened to be traveling alone, the waiter treated me more as a bother, throwing the salad in front of me in a drive by fashion, as though I was wasting his time, (despite my very courteous disposition until the third attempt at cooking lamb failed). The only reason I am giving it one mark is because they did apologize and charged me nothing, but I did go away nauseated, eating a handful of chex mix for my dinner later once my appetite returned.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Here for a short time so our family living over here said we must hit up this jazz joint for some tucker.
Well I gotta say we went off like a frog in a sock!
The steaks were the bees knees and the bourbon and whiskey selection was incredible!
Great atmosphere and decor- a must if you’re in the area

Date of visit: October 2018