“Villa Amor is perfect for amor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Amor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Villa Amor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Los Angeles, California
“Villa Amor is perfect for amor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

Villa Amor is located in a sweet town called Sayulita. It's located 45 minutes from the airport and has enough commercialism to keep the gringos happy, but still natural to keep the rustic feel of Mexico. Tip 1 - rent a golf cart (especially if you're lazy like me). Tip 2 - don't put too many people in your cart or you will get in trouble. There are many different villas on the premises and we had rented a lot of them. My sister had a wedding on site and most of the wedding party stayed there. A few had rented houses nearby but it was so much fun to be able to walk to our friends' rooms. We had a few of the villas up at top - Gran Villa, Villa Paraiso and Villa Olisa - so the golf carts were a nice alternative to the 1400 steps down/up. Everything is centrally located and close by so again, not necessary but such a plus and fun to drive.

All of the staff were amazing. From the drivers, to the cleaning staff, to the security, to the wedding coordinator. They were all so kind and helpful and accommodating. If we needed anything, they were always quick and responsive. They are all very professional and you feel pampered throughout your stay. Even after we left and had forgotten items, they were very helpful to retrieve my items and follow up with me - repeatedly!

Tip 3 - before you book your room, check if your room has air conditioning and the temperature that it will be when you are there. Villa Paraiso does not have air conditioning and some of the rooms are open air. It's a gorgeous villa but I need air conditioning and not find of insects so I ended up staying in another villa.

Villa Paraiso is gorgeous!!! It's a 5 bedroom suite with an open space in the middle that we ended up using for my sister's reception. My sister was getting married closer to the ocean by the restaurant terrace and having the reception at Gran Villa. Due to the rain and poor planning on our part (we lost the last tent to another party in about two minutes), we ended up moving the wedding up to the Gran Villa. It was amazing. The staff set up everything in the quickest time and everything looked gorgeous!

The food was served buffet style. Usually, when food is served buffet style, you would expect dry or tasteless food. But - everything was fresh, hot and delicious and I was the last one who got a plate. For dessert, my sister got Churros and paletas or fruit Popsicles. Oh my goodness - these were the best darn Churros I have ever had in my life and I live in Los Angeles and I have Churros all the time! The paletas were to die for.

I don't want to give everything away but having a wedding there was definitely affordable and if I could it myself again, this would have been a better option!

Tip 4 - for the gringos - try breakfast at Cafe Sayulita in town. The banana smoothies are soooo good and the price for breakfast is about $5.

Tip 5, 6, and 7 - Burrito Revolution, Choco Banana and the ceviche places around the corner of BR are the bomb!!!

Tip 8 - we were told to use a card and not being cash by other travelers. Go to your bank or exchange at the airport. Pay for everything in pesos. The exchange rate in town is $13.80 vs $15 at the U.S. bank. We should have just brought a ton of pesos even though they have atms and exchange places everywhere. Save yourself some money and just bring a ton of large bills and then just break it into small bills when you get into town.

Tip 9 - order shuttle and pay for round trip fare which is cheaper from the concierge at Villa Amor.

We loved our trip and had a great time. The grounds are gorgeous and the staff is amazing. 10/10

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
2 Thank luvl16
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, July 17, 2015
The title of your review brought a quick grin to my face,,,Yes. Villa Amor is all about ámor'...and we are so glad you were part of it. Your review is so complete,,,and accurate and all inclusive...it leaves me very little room to say more...Thank you for taking the time to write it...and wish your family true happiness in their life together. It was our pleasure to host the wedding.,..in between rain drops ....and Yes,,,Karen, our event planner is superb fnro fortunately rose above the challenges of the rain. Thank you again,,,Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2015

My family, friends, and bridal party all stayed at the Villa Amor for my wedding earlier this month. I chose this location because of its close proximity to the wedding venue and I'm so glad I did. What sets these villas apart from other hotels in the area is the view and beautiful grounds. We ended up taking a majority of our bridal photos on site because the grounds and beach are so stunning. Each room had so much character. The staff was so helpful and accommodating! One last thing is the accessible wifi. Normally I don't care if I can't get it, but since we had 50+ people in Mexico for our wedding, being able to communicate on wifi was VERY important. You get wifi from every room and all around the grounds.Thanks for a wonderful experience, Villa Amor.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ric824
VillaAmorMngmnt, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 13, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review...because of generous guests like you hotels that put in the effort to please can be recognized for their effort and attract additional guests. Most often Villa Amor is the site for the wedding and celebrations, but in your case your party was in a neighboring palapa and your guests stayed with us. This is less usual...but totally a great way for us to show off to you and your guests. Our villas (not rooms) are all wonderful,,,all of different sizes and price levels...but all with wide open ocean views. I am glad you chose us for your hotel...and look forward to seeing you back with us again. Barbara
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2015

Villa Amor is absolutely beautiful. Each room is charming and unique. We stayed at Villa Paraiso, which had a breathtaking view and was perfect for a group. There is no air conditioner in the villa, but with the sea breeze we didn't miss it at all. I got to see several other rooms while there and each one was gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice. We planned our wedding there (from Denver) with the help of the resident wedding planner, Karen Ruezga. We could not have beeen happier with the outcome. We heard from many of our guests that it was the "best wedding ever". Karen was amazing, she was responsive, easy to work and made the wedding day perfect. I have never seen a wedding planner do a better job keeping the day of on schedule and moving at the right pace. The wedding ceremony was on the "O" Terraza and the reception on the patio of the Gran Villa, both settings were outstanding. the food at Villa Amor, at the restaurant and the wedding was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend Villa Amor, Karen and Sayulita.

Room Tip: Paraiso and Grand Villa have the best views!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S
VillaAmorMngmnt, wner of villa amor management company at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 13, 2015
First, congratulations and 100 years of bliss to you both. Reading your review is a pleasure,,,you captured so much so correctly...and I agree wholeheartedly with you: Karen Ruezza is the best!!!! We are blessed to have her with us as our on site event planner...there is not anything she would not do to make each and every wedding a splendid event. I do not know how she does it, but she always does.

We have a wedding here tomorrow evening,,,and rain is predicted. This will be the first time we had a wedding in rain...if it actually happens,,,and of course we all hope it will not. BUT I know I am probably worrying for no reason...rain or shine Karen will pull it off and the lucky couple will remember their wedding celebration with joy hopefully equal to yours.

Thank you again for your delightful review...
Best wishes, Barbara
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2015

Each room is different. The room we had included a large balcony overlooking the town and the beach. The service was very good. The bed was comfortable. The biggest complaint was how loud it was every night. There was a beach party one night, then weddings and other parties at or near the hotel. The sound carried into the villas. The AC didn't work great. Bring ear plugs and enjoy the views.

Room Tip: Each room is different. Look at photos carefully. Avoid the ground level because lots of foot traff...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VillaAmorMngmnt, Owner of Villa Amor Management at Villa Amor, responded to this review, June 13, 2015
Thank you for taking time to write this review....Unfortunately we here have to agree with you: the noise, most often from town but sometimes from an event we host can be upsetting if you choose to go to bed before 11:30PM or sometimes the town noise can be upsetting during the day time too. All of us who own and operate businesses in Sayulita are trying to find a solution.....that can meld the normal Mexican life style of happy music days with the peace and serenity guests at Villa Amor want and deserve. There are various committees and officials on our side,,,all trying to contain noise,,,but yes, it is a factor that can influence your enjoyment of Sayulita. All our villas have at least a minimum of air conditioned bedrooms and glass doors to ensure quiet.....and we are constantly looking for more ways to ensure peace and quiet. Certain times are worse...Easter and Christmas holidays being somewhat more problematic than other times. Thank you for the good comments,,,and we understand your one reservation. Right now in early June it is silent!!!!! and has been for a few months...choose your time to visit us with all points in mind...or ask our reservations phone person for an honest situation report for the dates you have in mind. Either way, please come back to us. Thank you, Barbara
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2015

The air conditioner leaked water and soaked all our clothes that were in the closet. When we got up in the morning there was a pool of water all over the floor in front of the closet.
Then the Hotel turned OFF all the electricity!

We won't be returning!

For $345 USD a night I expect a lot more. At this price there is no excuse for this kind of service and quality.

The Property is Beautiful. I stayed there a few years ago when it s was smaller and much less expensive. Unfortunately, They now charge the same amount a s 5 star Hotels in the USA do. But the level of service and quality of the Hotel is no where near what it should be for the COST.
I live in Puerto Vallarta I have a great view of the ocean from my house.
At $345 a night I expect more than a great view!

We decided to make a last minute trip out to Sayulita. I called and was told they had nothing available for the following day. However we were in Sayulita so we just drove over to check. Sometimes in Mexico you have to speak with someone in person. When we arrived they actually had 2 Villas available.
While this is sloppy customer service it just how things work in Mexico sometimes. When we arrived the next day our room was not ready. I had stated when I made the reservation the time we would be arriving. Knowing how things work in Mexico the time I stated for our arrival was actually an hour before arrival time. The room was still not ready. Whatever no big deal.
The real problems started after we were in the room. That evening a note was slipped under the door stating all the electricity was going to be shut off in the morning.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Johnny996Pro
VillaAmorMngmnt, Owner of villa amor hotel management at Villa Amor, responded to this review, May 14, 2015
We are surprised at this review because when the guest informed us of the leaking air conditioner we immediately changed their room for a far superior villa, at no charge, and washed, folded all their clothing,,,wet or otherwise. The guest indicated to us a gratitude for our prompt response and generous handling of the situation. As I said, this negative review surprised and saddens me. We always strive to please all our guests,,,which is most often relected with the very positive reviews we receive. Too bad for this unhappy person.....who chose to remain unhappy. Barbara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
0.1 km away
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,624 reviews

Been to Villa Amor? Share your experiences!