All reviews wedding planner la costa in town plunge pool amazing wedding churros beautiful view of the ocean golf cart playa de los muertos paddle boards coffee maker restaurant staff thatched roof air conditioning mobility issues main beach fell in love
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My teenage daughters and I recently stayed at Villa Amor with the Los Olas surf sarfari group. We liked it so much that we asked to stay on for an additional three nights. The staff were extremely helpful in getting us two rooms over the three nights during the peak high season (March 2014) period. In the end they even managed to arrange for us to remain in one room without having to move around for all three additional nights. The staff are friendly and accommodating. They go out of their way to be truly helpful - from room arrangements to taxis back to the airport (with a negotiated better rate) to restaurant recommendations, The manager, Norma and her entire team, (especially Karina, Ricardo, Earnesto and even the night watchman, Gadelupe) were extremely professional and service oriented.

Room tip: The separate "villa" are spectacular. We stayed in the Villa Flores (141 steps up) for the first 5 nights. It's a stunning two bedroom with living/dining, kitchen, gated front garden entry terrace and full terrace with infinity pool overlooking the beach and town. Then we stayed in a room in the main building, "Serenata" with wrap around terrace, kitchen/liv/dining room and separate bedroom and bath - also lovely and looking over the bay to the beach and town (closer to ground level on the third floor)
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
brfnycsay, Propietario at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to compliment our staff, I agree with you 100%. Your vacation was made better by them,,,and my life in general is made better by them! A day does not go by that I dont have many similar comments to make as you just did...Thank you for enjoying,,,and even more for telling us. Hope to see you back with us,,,now that you are all almost professional surfers!!!!!

Barbara

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My son and daughter-in-law chose Villa Amor as the place for their wedding. It was also a vacation for many of us. The entire visit was amazing. The hotel is nestled in the hills on the coast just outside of a safe and friendly small town. You can walk to town (I did at least 2 times a day!) or use a golf cart. The staff went beyond expectations, even coming to my villa when I was not feeling well to make sure I was okay. The villas are elegant - simple in design, full of color and comfort and a kitchen. You felt pampered without the big hotels and tourists. I chose to purchase food in town and cook my breakfast and lunch. Bottled water is readily available (no drinking from the water taps). My villa (they are all different) opened completely to the balcony. I slept each night with the sounds of the surf and each morning swam the length of the beach followed by a run that went into and around town. The beach, a small cove, is clean and welcoming, the water warm. It also holds the local fishermen's boats! The wedding was by the beach and truly amazing, with the reception and dinner outside the Grande Ville until 11:30pm, when it moved into town to continue celebrating. For all of this, the staff and restaurant (they are not part of the hotel) were amazing. The food is all organic. We all agreed we should be back each year. It is a beautiful, quiet, small part of Mexico that I hope stays this way. I highly recommend it and plan to return myself.

Room tip: Each room is different and separately owned, hence furnishing are different. The pictures do not tell the entire story. I have heard only one villa is not as nicely done as the others. We had 22 of the Villas booked and I did not hear anything except praise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Wow,,,there is really not much more to say than Perfecto!!!!! We are so pleased you enjoyed your surf week with LasOlas...It is always our total pleasure towatch their guests go from rank beginners to comfortable surfers... We understand it brings to each of you such great feelings of accomplishment. How wonderful you got to enjoy that,,,and us too. Hpe we see you again,,,Barbara

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is gorgeous! It's at the end of the coast, and the individual rooms are literally built into the jungle. It's is NOT a fancy luxury hotel, but it is amazing; like a hotel tree house. My husband and I stayed in Vista Verde and our friends stayed in Tranquilta. The rooms are brightly colored and simply decorated. Our room had a wonderful balcony. The bathroom had shutters, so it was pretty open to the weather. The bedroom had glass doors to close off the balcony and an air conditioner. Our rooms were very clean. The staff was constantly beautifying the grounds - painting, raking, mopping, etc. The service was outstanding! The concierge desk, especially Carina, is very helpful. They will make arrangements for whatever you need and offer great recommendations. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to all my friends and family!

Room tip: Our pillows were not great, but I'm pretty particular about that, and I didn't ask for new ones, which I guess I could have.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to review Villa Amor...and I agree,,,Carina is a delight!!!!! We do our constant best to please guests and always try to inform them and match the guest to the room...very important in an open air jungle with stairs!!!! We have gone so far as to post a viceo on web showing in detail just how hard it may be to walk to your chosen villa...and certainly Floris is a high up one. A golf cart would not have been suggested for the driveway as we also agree it is often too steep...but we can always show you the slightly longert route thru town to reach the high up villas. Thank you for understand what we are,,,and I agree: we are not a sealed off cookie cutter 5 star resort...we are a whole different story...perfect fortunately for many but a poor fit for some. I agree,,,,choose your room with discussion and thought...and you will be well matched and happy. Thank you again,,,Barbara

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at the Villa Amor at the end of February 2014. I had a great time and cannot say anything bad about the service/front desk. The location has a wonderful view and is a 5 minute walk from the main area of town. Sayulita is a wonderfully cute surfer town and has great tiny restaurants. I felt safe the entire time. However, for this resort and for the price, I think it's important for people to understand this hotel due to all the mixed reviews.
1. Do your research of the rooms before you book. We chose the room Flora and had a breathtaking view and mini infinity pool, but there were over 100 steps from the front desk to the room that I don't remember being advertised. We were the second highest villa. We could have rented a golf cart to take us up to the top, but the road is so steep, I would have felt uncomfortable using it.
2. There is no telephone in the room to access the front desk.
3. Hot water is touch and go. We were there for a wedding so when everyone was showering to get ready for dinner, we heard a lot of our friends complain they had cold showers.
4. Our living room and kitchen were outside and our rooms had romantic louvered doors to see a beautiful view of the ocean with A/C to use if you needed it, but it would be very hard to escape the humidity and any outdoor "friends" -lizards, spiders. We saw these but had no trouble. Our room also did not have full separate bathroom. There was a partition for the shower and bathroom but privacy was limited.
5. We were told to pay the full amount for our stay before we even arrived.
6. We had no wifi in our room. We could only get service if we sat downstairs at the restaurant.
7. There is no communal pool. Villa Amor is well located to two beaches. Ask the front desk about the more quiet, secluded beach.
Sayulita cannot be matched in this part of Mexico for its charm and Villa Amor has plenty of it, just do some research before you stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary Ellen C
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review Villa Amor. I am happy you liked our views,,,our rooms,,,our restaurant which is privately owned and operated. The room rates include taxes and often built in gratuity for some of our employees. Labor is often less costly in Mexico...but everything else is more costly for us...incluudint maintaini ng the electronics we all enjoy and need now...air conditioning and wifi. We would like if our room rates cvould be a little lower....but it is simply not possible. I am sure you will understand...and thank you again for enjoying us. Barbara

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had a lovely stay here. Rooms were spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again. Right by the beach and close enough to walk to town - it was a great beach getaway.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
brfnycsay, Owner at Villa Amor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for4 us. Hotels and other establishments catering to the traveler depend more and more on the r4eactions of guests...and your review will help others make up their mind to stay with us. Thank you,,,Barbara