“Very plain food, hardly any flavor.👎👎👎”

Habaneros Mexican Grill
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Carthage
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Very plain food, hardly any flavor. Food was served cold, will not be on our list of places to eat. Service was great…

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (97)

Reviewed 20 March 2021

We stopped here while driving home from an event in Springfield. The food was amazing. Lunch portions are a perfect size. I ordered alacarte verde enchilada and tamale. The best tamale I’ve ever had. The prices were very reasonable: 4 meals, 4 drinks for $35.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Great food, soup was excellent and Margaritas too. Very nice atmosphere. We concerned about covid and booth seating was very comfortable.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 25 February 2020

We had an awesome experience stopping here on a Friday night while on a road trip. I noticed the great reviews on Trip Advisor...my fellow reviewers are right, this place is great. When we arrived the place was full with two groups waiting ahead of us. A small table for two opened up...and we were quickly seated...I couldn't believe the good prices for the drinks, I thought the bar tender would certainly short the Tequila, NOT SO...maybe the best low price Margaritas that I have ever had including in Mexico...the food came fast with outstanding authentic flavors....my only complaint was I ate way too much...the servers all spoke perfect English, but also spoke perfect Spanish to each other, my guess is they grew up in the US but their parents are from Mexico, completing the very authentic Mexican food restaurant experience. They all worked very hard and fast while being so nice and attentive to the customers. While I look for restaurants with great food and value, it always helps when they have great décor...this place is decorated wonderfully with a lot of ambience...wish I lived close enough to go here every week!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Les R
Reviewed 10 February 2020

The service was exceptional and the food was very good. We will go again in the future and I highly recommend

Date of visit: February 2020