2 people are viewing this hotel
$220
Hotels.com$231
Priceline$231
Travelocity$231
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2022 via mobile

The desk was often unattended, the housekeeping was unreachable and unresponsive. Management was uncaring. Conrad Hilton should be turning over in his grave to see what has become of this hotel that bears his name. Next time, I will book an Airbnb rather than this Hilton.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry C
Reviewed March 22, 2022

Pros: Location in vibrant Branson Landing, nice guest rooms.
Cons: South tower is too far from pool and parking, elevator card reader was unreliable, housekeeping issues, wear and tear, lack of hot water.

Note: While I booked a standard room, my elite status as a Hilton Honors member led to an unsolicited upgrade to a condo room featuring a kitchen, living room, and separate bedroom, so I will be basing this review on the room I was given, not the room I reserved. I was thrilled by this unexpected upgrade- completely unnecessary as a solo traveler, but welcome nonetheless. These days, Hilton is doing a much better job of taking care of elite members- with Marriott, I'm not usually given the room upgrades I'm entitled to/ask for, while Hilton handles these upgrades without being prompted.

Indeed, my room was a nice place in which to spend time. The kitchen featured a full-sized fridge, the living room had comfortable seating with the largest television I'd ever seen in a hotel room, the bedroom featured a second large television mounted to the wall, and the bathroom was spacious enough for a shower and a whirlpool tub. It reminded me of one-bedroom units at Hilton Vacation Club resorts. Too bad there were some wear and tear issues like loose carpeting and a few cabinet doors that refused to completely close.

Unfortunately this room was located in the South Tower, which required a long walk to both the pool and parking garage- through the North Tower and across a major access point to Branson Landing with people smoking and inebriated. Speaking of, it is a fun shopping and restaurant district and convenient if you're looking for something to eat/do, but also remains noisy and congested into the late night hours. The noise kept me from using my balcony, and I questioned the usefulness of it anyway, seeing as how the view out the window was of another building between the Hilton and the lake in the distance.

The location of the South Tower alone wouldn't make this an unpleasant proposition, but too many other issues came to light during my four-night stay. The whirlpool tub would have been nice had there been enough hot water to fill it, and even my showers early in the mornings were merely lukewarm. Having to use my room key to enter the building was acceptable but needing to use it a second time in the elevator was annoying, especially when the card reader refused to function and I was sent on rides up and down while struggling with the non-functioning technology as others called the elevator to take them to the first floor. The $15/day credit for elite members had to be used at a restaurant at the Hilton convention center property across the street- inconvenient, and a terrible place to have a meal.

However, housekeeping was the worst offender at the Hilton Promenade. It must be requested the morning of, and when I did I returned to my room in the middle of the afternoon to find the job half-finished: garbage bag tied and left on the kitchen counter next to a fresh stack of towels, and the bed not made. When I called down to the front desk to have this corrected, I later returned to find the bed made, a huge bag full of coffee and cups (despite not having used any coffee and cups), and every bathroom cabinet door opened with the towels stacked inside. It struck me as an extremely passive-aggressive move by someone annoyed that I phoned down to the front desk to have my housekeeping service completed, because I can't fathom how else an experienced professional could have left my room in such a condition.

I won't hesitate to return (despite all this, it seems to be a trustworthy property) but I hope management will pay better attention to the large and small details that separate decent experiences from exceptional ones.

Room tip: The North Tower is much closer to parking and includes the indoor pool.
2  Thank TeamPidge
Reviewed March 20, 2022 via mobile

The hotel was clean and located in Branson Landing. Unfortunately the fountain was broken at the time and was why I chose this hotel, but of course this is not the fault of the hotel. What I did not like about the hotel was the lack of clothes washing facilities. I was planning to wash clothes as our stay was mid trip. The dining with our Diamond member credit was located in the convention center “across” the street but still a decent distance away. My last complaint was the windows seemed to let in smoke from the restaurant below and our room suddenly smelled of bbq the second night.

Room tip: No machines for doing laundry
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Aggiebobcat
Reviewed March 18, 2022 via mobile

The good: everyone we interacted with (hotel staff) was super friendly. The location is great if you want to be close to shopping and dining without needing a car.

The not-so-good: in room dining is very limited with dinner service running only 5-8pm. They aren’t servicing rooms (housekeeping) which is disappointing given Covid is all but gone at this point. The tv channels are very limited which stinks when you’re traveling with kids, and there is no option to rent a movie or connect to Netflix. Our king condo was said to have a king sized bed but there is no way that bed was a king. What’s worse, the bed was rickety and extremely uncomfortable. Also, the hotel brags about the water fountain show right outside the hotel, that our room was supposed to face (hence why I booked that room type) but the fountain was closed and “under maintenance “. We were very disappointed in our stay and ended up leaving a day early to come home.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank taguilar2007
Reviewed March 9, 2022

While the Hilton Promenade is conveniently located near the various restaurants and shops along the promenade, be aware that due to the north and south towers being next to a railroad and busy thoroughfare, it can be noisy at night. Our 2nd night, we ended up leaving the exhaust fan all night as "white noise" to help with sleeping. Room was clean, but clock radio was unplugged as it was non-functioning. For breakfast, you had to go across the thoroughfare to get to the Hilton Convention center. Food there was good (appreciated the gluten free options), as was service when you could get it. However, they appeared to be short-handed. (As I know many businesses are these days.) Glad we had good weather during our stay, otherwise, it would be a hassle moving luggage from the parking garage (north of the north tower) to south tower in the rain. Same with going across to the convention center for breakfast. Bring an umbrella if you're not expecting good weather. Overall, I would say the room was overpriced for what was delivered.

3  Thank Pat S