“Best Chinese in the area”

Ocean Reef Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Heathridge
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have been ordering Chinese from here for years and years. We have never been disappointed with the food!

Reviewed February 1, 2018

If you cannot cater to vegans, please just let us know and don't attempt to. What I received today was not edible. Instead of sauce, there was salty water with pieces of garlic in it. Asian restaurants should know their stuff when it comes to plant based meals.

For the future, notice how easy it is to just use peanut sauce (omitting fish and oyster sauce), soy sauce, curry sauce (just add spices) or sweet n sour, instead of using salty garlic water. I wish I could get my cash back and go somewhere else, this tiny container of salty water and veggies was not worth $15.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

A fairly large restaurant. Looks fresh and recently refurbished. Did a roaring trade in takeaways whilst we were there. Tasting the food for the first time, I can understand why their take away is so popular. Very fresh, well cooked and truly delicious. I may have to make it my local for Chinese now. We shared the Plum Duck, Mongolian Lamb, Chilli Beef and Garlic Seafood. All were wonderful. The squid was cooked to perfection and the prawns were large and plentiful. Generous serves for all dishes. If you like Australian style Chinese, this is the place!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I cannot recommend this restaurant based on our recent experience.
The decor is dingy and the staff not very attentive.
The mixed entrees were all fried or perhaps even re-fried. They were terrible.
The mains we had were better but hardly outstanding.
We wont be back unless we are satisfied that the standards have improved.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

I wandered in early in the night, no one else was 'dining in' this early.

Greeted by a friendly waiter, I enquired about a couple of dishes, he offered to adapt the Lemon Chicken and have it cooked without batter - perfect !

Generous size portions - they cheerfully put my left overs in a takeaway container ....

Although there were no other in house diners this early - the restaurant was doing a steady take away trade, and many/most of the customers seemed like regulars !