Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn(Jackson)
  • Spa
1,130 results
All reviewsking edwardhistoric hotelvalet parkingfront desktrain stationmayflower cafevalet staffcoffee shopbeautiful lobbyconvention centernice hotelindoor pooldefinitely stay here againsouthern hospitalitygreat customer servicebusiness tripenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I drove almost four hours for a conference. I'm a teacher and had had state testing all day. I was tired and worn out. I was wearing jeans and a t shirt. I went to the restaurant for dinner. Marcus met me at the stand and asked if I wanted to be seated. I was nervous because it is so classy and I felt grungy. He made me feel so comfortable. I had an amazing dinner, chicken club and grits. I was greeted by three members of the hotel staff while I was eating.

After I got settled I realized I had forgotten my saline solution for my contacts. The night manager, Shalece Barnes, called her mom who is staying in the hotel, and her mom brought me a bottle of saline from her own room.

Then today during a break from my conference, I came back to my room. You wouldn't have known I had ever been in my room it was so clean. I had a knock at my door. It was the housekeeping supervisor asking if my room was cleaned to my expectations. I told her my room was immaculate, which it was.

I hope the managers, owners everyone involved with this hotel reads this. They should be so proud of their hotel!

Thank you!

1  Thank new2tupelo
HGIKingEdwardHotel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear new2tupelo,

I am very humbled by your response. I am so grateful that the staff took wonderful care of you while at the hotel. I will definitely pass along your comments and commend the associates that you interacted with. Thank you for your lovely note.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Without doubt my favorite hotel in Jackson, MS! Upon arrival I am warmly welcomed by the valet parking staff! Jazmine and the other front desk staff great me by name and have water waiting. The restaurant staff serve with pride and a spirit of excellence! Mr. Mark always welcome me home. Jasmine, Sheena, Erica, Christian, Taraji and Ms. Sharon all deserve a special thanks!

Note, this is not a 5 star hotel but the atmosphere is so special that it really feels like home to me. All respect for the general manager who does a great here; a true display of Southern Hospitality!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
HGIKingEdwardHotel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Saleria M,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about the hotel. I will make sure we share with all the associates. We will definitely highlight those associates you have graciously identified.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I travel often but 1st stay in Jackson. The restored hotel was outstanding.the staff was impressive and not just friendly but set a family atmosphere. From the valet parking attendant to housekeeping they all went beyond the call. Jasmine, at the front desk, was helpful and fun.
The hotel restaurant had delicious food and a jovial staff.
Love my stay and will return.

Dear jrpaynee,

Thank you for your recognition of Jasmine, she is wonderful and does a great job for the hotel. As always, thank you for business and hope we can see you in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

The hotel and lobby are beautiful. The rooms are nice, but nothing special and the views are blah. On street parking is nice and it is an option if you don't want to pay for parking. In Jackson, I'd say this is your best bet for a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear dhwingo,

Thank you for your review. We do hope we can see you on your next trip to Jackson.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is the renovated King Edward Hotel, whose rooftop lighted sign still stands. It has seen a lot of Jackson history. They are also trying to rent/sell apartments in the building. It is beautiful and modern now. Staff was very helpful. Our room was clean and quiet, even though we were overlooking the railroad tracks (makes for great train-watching). The Amtrak/ bus station is right across the street. It is an easy ( and safe) walk from the hotel to the Capitol and on to the museum complex to the east. There is a bar and a restaurant on the premises, and an outside patio to people-watch. The famed Mayflower Cafe is a block down the street. This is the best place to stay in downtown Jackson.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Ace J,

Thank you so very much for your kinds words about the King Edward. We do work hard to keep the feel of the historic building while providing all the Hilton Garden Inn amenities. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve your needs.