“My favourite local”
Review of Counter Eatery

Counter Eatery
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Merrimac
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: With an abundance of excellent producers and ingredients within reach of the Gold Coast, David and Sebastien believe in using fresh, locally sourced and supplied produce to create a seasonal menu with flair. Whether you want a quick coffee or long lazy brunch, you will feel welcome at Counter Cafe & Eatery. We serve all our favorite breakfast, brunch & lunch options with an European twist. Our coffee is hand roasted and supplied from Gold Coast's leading coffee roaster Blackboard coffee.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Counter Eatery is walking distance for me - very lucky to have such high quality food so close by in the "burbs". It is located just off Gooding Drive near the BP so not far to drive from say Broadbeach - about 15 minutes and well worth it, you won't be disappointed. The food is excellent - I've been there many, many times for breakfast, coffee and cake, lunch and dinner. Sebastian and his staff are very friendly and it is dog friendly too. You will get a different menu from the norm, French cuisine with fabulous flavours. They seem to have different specials each lunchtime which is great as I think I have tried nearly everything on the menu. Dinner is share plates which again are delicious and it is fully licensed. The patisserie is fantastic - the best muffins and brownies and banoffee pies.....My favourites on the breakfast/brunch menu - the Sauteed Mushrooms; Potato and Rosemary Rostie, The Potager (ask for a side of mushrooms - the mushrooms are so tasty). I travel all over the Gold Coast every Friday for my breakfasts but this would be my absolute favourite.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Coffee is delicious and so are the croissants with ham & cheese. I am yet to try anything else on the menu. Nice relaxing quiet place each time I've visited.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

As Gold Coast locals, we thought we would try this "French restaurant" for dinner and it was well worth the trip. The food was delicious, everything was homemade and cooked to perfection. The service was very good. It was like being in one these little French bistro, nothing pretentious about the decor but excellent quality food. Liked the idea of sharing plates if you want to. Will definitely be back. Bon appétit!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We've visited this place twice now and it never disappoints. Brilliant French cuisine, great coffee and friendly staff. It isn't nearly as busy as it should be.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here a number of times and we love it. The food is always fresh and delicious and they have some yummy meals for people with food allergies and vegetarians. Discovered the turmeric latte with almond milk on my last visit and loved it! The staff are always friendly and helpful. We'll be back again and again.