“Best pho around”

Pho Kim Long
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in St Albans
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I've been coming back to Pho Kim Long for 20+ years, because I've never found anywhere else as good. The soup comes out hot, and the stock is beautifully flavoursome. They have a great range of varieties.

My favourite is no. 9, which is chicken giblets, hearts, livers and blood cubes (I'm a bit of an offal fan). The menu says the soup also has chicken yolks, but in fact they're not yolks, they're the immature eggs you find when you kill a chicken - they taste like yolk and look similar.

Sometimes I vary it a bit and have no. 1, which is the standard raw beef pho. Once again very good.

Their range of non-pho dishes is limited. You can find other places in St Albans with a broader menu, but you won't find a place with better pho.

Overall, this is a cheap and cheerful soup place. It's efficient and clean, but it's not luxury. I don't think you can reserve, but they turn tables quickly, so if it's full when you arrive, just stick around for 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We visited for lunch today and we were not disappointed. Not the very best Pho we've had but damn good. Fast and friendly service and well priced.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Love the soup here, if I have time time when I come to Melbourne I come here to enjoy the 'Bun Bo Hue' Vietnamese soup.

Worth a visit on a trip to the area.

1  Thank whitepointer
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I have tried many places in Melbourne, nothing beats this place. It is cheap, clean and very friendly staff. Been coming here for quite some time now and always get my sliced beef pho with prawn spring rolls on the side, never dissapointed!

If your in town try pop in and get one or even get take away, or you will be missing out!

1  Thank Agunng S
Reviewed 17 January 2015

Visited this restaurant after reading a good review in a Melbourne newspaper. They were absolutely right, the Pho soup is excellent and a must try. When with friends I'll order a bowl of the soup with a side of spring rolls which can be wrapped in lettuce and dipped in a delicious sweet chili sauce. Service is friendly and you'll have plenty of change left over for dessert.

4  Thank AussieTraveller1674