US$131
US$63
US$61
Best Budget Inn(Owatonna)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslazy riverkids eat freewater slidesfamily suitehotel restaurantpaying adultarcade roomsmall water parkgreat for familiesfree breakfastrestaurant attachedzero entryenjoyed the water parkfitness centerthe general managerstaff was friendlyfridge and microwave
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We came for the water park and it was fun as always. Night front desk staff is rude and needs training as well as the pool staff. One life guard had his foot in a boot and then about two pounds of gold chains/necklaces on. The life guard also enjoyed yelling at people. But overall decent stay hopeful for our next stay they have remodeled a little. Would recommend for kids and family get away.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Was in town on a 15 day business trip, and was book by my company into the Holiday Inn. By the second evening I was at the front desk letting them know I was checking out and into another hotel the following day. First the hotel is very loud, filled with kids mid week. Kids who's parents sit at the hotel bar and let their children run around stomping through the halls and bounce their balls they won in the arcade game. This I can't necessarily blame the hotel but instead bad parenting, however I think it's necessary to let future business traveler know this is not the hotel for you, unless your white noise app is "loud children".

My issue with the hotel is that after my first night of restless sleep, mostly from the noise but also the room being awfully hot (as the wall unit was very old and didn't put out the air condition). I stopped by the front desk at 7am on my way to the job and requested thin cotton blanket and firmer pillows to my room. When I arrived back to the hotel at 6pm there was no blankets. I called down to the front desk and for a 2nd time requested these items. I went on with my evening by heading to the hotel gym (very poor, broken bike), then showered and went out to dinner. When I returned from dinner about 9pm I noticed the blankets and pillows were still not in the room. This time I went down to the front desk to retrieve these items for myself. I was told by the desk that they tried to deliver the blankets and pillows to my room but I wasn't in it and that I need to be in the room for the delivery, as they can't enter an unoccupied room. Why didn't the front desk tell me that over the phone, and how come the housekeeper enter my room to clean but guest services can't to deliver blankets and pillows?. She did offer to have them resent to the room but said it'll still be a while, which at this point I'm overly tired and did not keep my eyes opening waiting.

At this point I had enough and let the front desk know "this hotel is not for me for the next 13 days, that they can switch my reservation to having me checking out tomorrow". So the next day I checked myself into the Baymont Inn in Owatonna. I requested firm pillows and blankets as I headed out to dinner, when I returned the pillows and blankets were on the bed. Now that's customer service, and will be the hotel I tell my associates to stay in from now on when in Owatonna.

Room Tip: Don't come here if you want a quiet night (romantic or business travel)
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi big824,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am so sorry about the issues you had with noise which affected your sleep as well as the customer service regarding your pillow and blankets request among the others.

We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management and front office team to properly address your concerns.

I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We booked a family get away at this hotel and won't likely again. Most of the experience was lacking.
- We booked 4 rooms and requested that at least 2 of them be adjoining both at the time of booking and the day prior to our stay - None were.
- The water park area could use an update.
- The hot tub was out of service
- Some of the arcade games didn't work
- The front desk staff was not overly accomodating
- The restaurant service was slow and not very friendly

But, hey, the kids had fun. I was just expecting better from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi gcmahonj,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family's vacation trip and for sharing your feedback. I am happy to see the kids enjoyed their hotel experience. We do make sure we delights all of our guests whenever they visit us

I certainly understand your frustration about the functionality caused by the hotel facilities and level of service you received. We try our best to accommodate all of our guest's needs and I am sorry we were not able to honor your request. I have forwarded your genuine feedback to the hotel management for review so that appropriate action will be taken to avoid recurrence.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you and your family if ever you are in the area to show you how we've taken your comments seriously.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My mother-in-law and aunt came to visit and stayed at this establishment. We brought the grandchildren to go swimming. The room was clean seemed very nice eating area beautiful Lobby. However there was a hockey team in town. And the pool was quite loud very little adult supervision children splashing throwing balls my husband was in the pool with the grandchildren and got hit in the head with a flying football. That was not appreciated. I think that the clerk should have controlled those guests a little bit more than what was being done. The parents that were in there which were only about four and then we're more than I'd say 15 kids were not supervising their children either mother father with two small children in the pool as well and the activity in the pool was so much that it was like waves coming in to the steps that you walk down into the pool. I understand that kids will be kids however there should be a safety protocol in effect when the volume in the pool increases. especially when there are younger children in the pool. Other than that we had a great time.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi 40plusandtraveling,

Thanks for staying with us. I appreciate you highlighting the upkeep of the room and the inviting atmosphere of the lobby. We aim to provide you with the most comfortable accommodations. I understand your sentiment about the demeanor of other guests and this will also help our hotel to ensure that a safety procedure is put into place. I know taking this step will allow guests to fully enjoy the hotel's amenities. Despite this, it's good to know that your family had a wonderful time.

We can't wait to see you again!

Safe travels,

Anna B

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last night for a work trip m I travel a ton, which means I spend a ton of time in hotels. There are not a ton of choices in Owatonna, but I decided to try this place. I wasn't there for a water park experience obviously, so I'm looking for someone comfortable room for a night. This place fit the bill for that. The place just looked quite old and in need of an update, other than that it was adequate for a one night stay.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hi Brian R,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Owatonna and for writing a review about your stay. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I regret to read that your stay at our property was only average. Your comments about the overall look and condition of the hotel are noted and will be shared with the management team for evaluation and improvement.

Thank you for the three out of five stars rating, we hope to earn those extra two stars with your next visit.

Ingrid V.