“Dreaming of a buttermilk chicken sandwich”
Review of Lake & Irving

Lake & Irving
Ranked #55 of 1,982 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Think global flavors, drink local beer
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Menu was limited but it made choosing easier. Went for the buttermilk chicken sandwich and it was amazing. My son had the bacon cheeseburger and gave me a sample - it was one of the best burgers I've had, and I am not usually into burgers. French fries were delicious. Waiter was attentive but not a pest. Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here for brunch after a run around the lakes. Nice spot, the food was actually very good. I had an omelet and my buddy had eggs benedict. Peace coffee was tasty. The service unfortunately was very mellow, and that's putting it nicely. We watched a couple tables sit down after us, and get their food well before us. The waiter only came over to check our coffee once and didn't make any effort to address us just sitting there forever. It didn't make any sense, and finally I called a manager over who went back to the kitchen and came back empty handed to say it would only be 3 to 4 more minutes. There was a small apology but honestly it seemed like they could care less. Given all the great options for brunch in the area, I'm not sure I would go back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2017

What's not to love about Lake and Irving? The menu is focused and fun. The small plate options make it possible to have drinks and share many delicious, generous options. The charred green beans are so delicious, that I could make them my meal! We also shared the smoked walleye rillette, fabulous, and enjoyed the imaginative beets with our entrees. Don't miss the crab crusted snapper. Stellar craft beer offerings and nice wines by the glass. Our waiter, Sam, was very knowledgable about all of the beverage options and the intricacies of the menu. There is a special finish to all of the choices that lends an umami flavor that is unmistakable and remarkable. We can't wait to return and request Sam as our waiter!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank IslaMGirl
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

For the past 5+ years I have been on the hunt for an amazing fried chicken sandwich. I Googled "best fried chicken sandwich in Mpls" and Lake and Irving came up as having the top rated sandwich. It did not disappoint. Every aspect of the sandwich was amazing - the bread was toasted to perfection, the chicken was quality, the breeding was spot on, and the bacon and spread on the sandwich brought it all together. If you like a good fried chicken sandwich, you should probably check this one out. To top it off, we overheard other people in the restaurant talking about how good it was. This sandwich, along with the fried chicken sandwich at Northbound Smokehouse, is top-notch.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

After hearing our friend go on about the chicken sandwich we decided we'd give it a go. The service was great, nice atmosphere and a little reggae vibes with the music. Yummy gin drinks and sandwiches, chicken and hamburger, both good choices.

Date of visit: February 2017