“Great Service - Great Deviled Eggs!”

Mission American Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission American Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,905 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th & Marquette
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Yes you heard that right - great deviled eggs. We sat at the bar for lunch service today and the food and service were outstanding. The restaurant was very busy which is always a good sign. We had salads, deviled eggs, black bean soup topped with pico and incredibly tasting seared scallops. Presentation was very nice. Comes with complimentary bread too. TJ was our server and explained the menu in full with a fun accent. This is a great spot for business lunch or dinner before theatre or sports.

Maybe a notch high on price points, but it is downtown Mpls. I will defintely be coming back.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Mission American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! We are not ashamed of those delicious devilled eggs - can't get enough of them! Kudos to TJ for his awesome service! We are so glad you could stop by for lunch and hope to catch you in again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Located downtown, this is great "city restaurant" that features great local and regional products, great menu, very good service ina great room(s). Highly Recommended.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Mission American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My service was great, bartender Will was quick with my drink and very friendly. The atmosphere was done nicely and I really liked the layout. After reading other reviews, I think I just picked a bad night for the prime rib. After looking at the pictures posted on the website I was really looking forward to a awesome meal. While the vegetables were excellent, the prime rib was very disappointing. Rather than a fully cooked roast sliced pink in the middle, I received a boiled piece of cheap steak that was mostly fat and no flavor. The Au Jus was brown water and was barely warm. Since I received my plate 5 minutes after ordering, I highly suspect I got the previous nights leftovers. While I'm willing to give this place another try, I will not be ordering the prime rib.

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Mission American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us and provide us with some feedback. We are disappointed to hear your experience with us was not satisfactory. We appreciate your business and truly hope to see you back again! If you have any other feedback or concerns feel free to fill out our online feedback form (bit.ly/MissionFeedback) - We would love to properly follow up with you!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was within walking distance of my hotel. We had the scallops n prosciutto to start. Delicious. Entrees were the beer can chicken n the pork tenderloin. Both were excellent. We had the fig tart w cinimon ice cream to share. The ice cream was unique n amazing. Good bourbon list. Pricey. The food was great. Good service; we were the only ones in the restaurant.

1  Thank Michael H
HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Mission American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! We are glad to hear the food was excellent! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This was our first visit to this restaurant...we had walked by it many times, I looked on their website and their menu looked interesting. The waiter was great, food was excellent!

HRPAdmin, Public Relations Manager at Mission American Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for your review! We are so glad to hear that you finally stopped in and that our food was excellent! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!