“Fine steak dinner on a Friday night”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,890 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays “sizzling” hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
Reviewed 23 May 2016

It's expensive but if you're searching for a good steak with the trimmings, can't beat this place. Enjoyed a Friday evening dinner in the lounge, because my friend and I wanted to watch a Stanley Cup playoff game while dining. Loved that our waiter was willing to allow us to taste a wine before ordering a glass. Steak was cooked to perfection.

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Thanks for enjoying your Friday evening with us at Ruth's! Nothing beats playoffs and a good steak! Thanks for the kind review and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Can't get a bad steak in this place, but I do find it a bit pricey. But, the service was good, the food was pretty good, the steak I had was tender and perfectly medium.

Thank you for dining with us at Ruth's and thank you for the kind words. We're glad that you enjoyed your dinner and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Filet is always perfect at any Ruth Chris and Mpls didn't disappoint. Plenty of food while you won't find it inexpensive. Server was prompt and helpful. Darker atmosphere however table in middle of dining area was very busy in that area. Really delivered as expected, will look forward to a return visit!

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thank you so much for dining with us and thank you for the kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your filet!! Please let me know when you are able to come back and I will see to it that you have a table off to the side. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Went there with high expectations. Everything was good but not great. Service was adequate. Rather than being attentive to your needs, we had to ask to have our ice tea refilled. A small thing but not when you are paying top dollar. I had told them it was my wife's birthday when I called. Although there were celebrations going on around us, the only way she was recognized was at the end when she told the waiter. If you are Golden Corral you can understand this type of service. However not from a place that advertises to be the best.

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Thank you so much for dining with us and for taking a few minutes to let us know about your dinner. I am terribly sorry that we missed the special occasion celebration and would be pleased to speak with you if you are willing to call the restaurant. I'd love to make it up to you...special occasions are our specialty and we are so sorry that we missed this! Again, thank you so much for the note.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Had dinner with an old friend, we ordered the large tomahawk ribeye steak and shared it. I would highly recommend this steak at Ruth Chris, was excellent, makes me want to go back and order it again! Also ordered the classic hashbrowns, that was awesome too. So great food coupled with exceptional service made it a great dinner.

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

It sounds like you did dinner right! The Tomahawk and hash browns are the way to go! We're so happy that you enjoyed your visit here and hope to have you dine with us again soon!