“Great ceviche in the heart of the midwest...”

Mercy Bar & Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercy Bar & Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,890 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: Named after owners Mike and Abby's youngest daughter, Mercy connects Mike's two loves: food and family. You'll be right at home at Mercy whether you're meeting friends for brunch, stopping in for happy hour, or bringing a date for dinner. Share the food, enjoy the drinks, and leave without wanting for anything. Welcome to Mercy!
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Mercy Bar & Dining Room is listed under Zagats 9 Must-Try Restaurants in Minneapolis. It didn't disappoint, although my husband and I were surprised to find a less than half full restaurant on a Friday night. Overall food is fresh and well prepared, the menu unpretentious and straight forward. Minneapolis doesn't scream ceviche in the middle of winter, but I'm glad I took a chance. The ceviche was exactly as it should be, fresh, flavorful and well portioned. The half price wine list is extensive and carries some great bottles from typically hard to find vineyards. Mercy would have received an 'excellent' vote from us, but the lack of atmosphere, the less than engaging service (including the greeter) and an under whelming calamari (with pickled carrot?) means Mercy earns a 'very good'.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My visit to Mercy was for my best friend's birthday. We had excellent service from the moment we walked in the door. We started with drinks, I believe I had the Mercy Cosmopolitan. It was perfect! I can't wait to have one on their patio this summer. Next, we put in our orders starting with apps. We order of the warm garlic bread, beet and apple salad, and the shrimp and octopus ceviche. For my entree, I ordered the scallops. Our waiter ended up bringing some of our apps with our entrees, which was a bummer, but he ended up not charging us for them so it didn't deter my experience. All of the food was full of so much flavor! I also adored that the dinner plates were all different. I believe the waiter said the owner's wife finds them at thrift stores. That's so awesome and unique! I totally loved the atmosphere of Mercy and hope I can come back soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Sunday night. Sold out show at target center. Other shows dtown too.
For over 1.5 hours (5-630), we were the only guests.

Drinks: Grant Gordon is ok. 14 is steep for it. Not much there!!! Laphroigs smoky peat overwhelms it.

Wine was good. There pours are underwhelming.

Food: Garlic bread is interesting. My wife nor I cared for it. The middle was gummy and not done.

Wife got sirloin. We think they have filet. It was thick, juicy. She did not complain. (She got filet do sirloin price!)

I had oysters to start. Not bad. I wish hey would have cleaned them a little better. Some were sandy. Brine is good, eating shell and sand is not.

The ceviche was awesome! Great flavors. Shrimp, lime, octopus.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, good food, amazing service, but the gem of it all is the library bar downstairs that simply takes you back in time. Classy, timeless, gem of a place that is hands down my new fave spot in the cities!!!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Bartender Lucas totally hooked us up!
Half-priced stellar wine list- fabulous!
Perfect prelude to Steve Winwood! Roll with it baby!

1  Thank Holly N