All reviews no elevator room was clean stayed here staff was friendly would stay here again second floor state university hot tub nice hotel the breakfast area beds motel restrictions microwave laundry college mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2021

Disabled persons note: hotel has no elevator and all suites are located on second floor.
Staff do not know how to correct issues with internet or television, so be prepared to relocate to another room should problems arise.
Televisions are all programmed to a maximum volume of 16 so those hard of hearing or using room heat/fan will not be able to hear programming.
When property manager was privately contacted, she offered an apology but then excused all hotel actions and disregarded our dissatisfaction with stay.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Manager General, General Manager at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear Guest,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these situations differently in the future.

I’m sorry that all of our suites are on the second floor and it has been that way since the hotel was built. It does state on the website that there is no elevator on property. My front desk staff did accommodate your room to be on first floor.

The tv issue was due to the tv not working properly which was a mechanical issue. We are sorry about that.

All of our TVs are programmed not to exceed a certain volume which has been installed since before I started working her over 15 years ago. We rarely have any issues regarding the tv volume. Some networks have a louder volume than others which is something we have no control over.

Marcia Friskey

Reviewed 29 August 2020

Our one-night stay was comfortable and as expected of a Quality Inn. The room was clean and extra measures were being taken due to COVID restrictions. Staff was friendly. Rates were reasonable. Breakfast service was limited due to COVID but choices plenty of items were available "to go" or for in-room dining.

Room tip: No elevator so request a ground floor room if you don't want to take the stairs.
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank jillqu
Reviewed 1 August 2020

If you are taking Jefferson Lines to Marshall, get off at the college stop instead of the main Marshall stop. The motel is only a couple of blocks from Southwest State University. The hotel has the usual amenities: microwave, mini fridge, and cable tv. They also offer free laundry; you just need to buy soap for a dollar at check in. I stayed here at the start of a trip and again at the end of the trip. The laundry was helpful. I was able to go home with clean clothes. The motel also has a computer available for guests to use. I also made use of this extra. Like most businesses post Covid, there is a plastic shield between guests and staff.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

I was in Room 103 which is called a small queen. The mattress was fantastic and a great showerhead. Lots of stuff to pick from in the breakfast area even at 8:00am although I stayed middle of the week. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

This place is garbage. They kick you out of the breakfast room and the breakfast sucks anyway. They bathrooms don’t lock. There pool sucks and the hot tub is not hot it’s warm and they yell at you for running when fast walking. This place is I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
MarshallQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to standards. We are 1 of the best hotels in the area. Our breakfast hours on weekends are 7am to 10am. At that time, we do ask that you finish breakfast so we have time to clean and prepare it for the next day's breakfast, or it may be reserved for an event that we need to get ready for. Our breakfast is always complimented on how great it is and the variety of foods we offer.
Our bathrooms do lock, if there was an issue with the door locking, we would have liked to known about it so we could have it fixed for you.
Our pool and hot tub are clean and functional. The hot tub has a maximum temperature of 105 degrees. We can not be above that due to state health codes.
We do have hotel rules stating that there will be no running in hallways. These rules are provided to all Marshall hotels by MAHA during hockey season.

Marcia Friskey