“The White Swan @ Woodnewton - Lovely Food, Great Staff”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Woodnewton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The White Swan has a traditional 17th Century stone exterior, surrounding a contemporary open plan interior, with tall tables around the bar, cosy booths around the log burner and solid wooden tables and floor throughout. We serve beers from local breweries and a broad selection of wines from around the world, complimented by a regularly changing menu to reflect what is seasonally and locally at its best. There is a good sized car park to the rear and both a lawned garden and a covered and heated patio area.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

My Wife and I popped in for a late Sunday Lunch, it's the second time we've eaten here.
We both had the roast beef, generous portions, well cooked and very tasty. Excellent roasties! Even skipping the starters (which we've had scotch egg and pate on our previous visit, both excellent), we could only manage a single dessert to share. We opted for the Banofee Ice Cream Sundae, which was wonderfully sinful.

Both times we've been here the service has been prompt and friendly. Matt I think it was looked after us on this last visit.

Overall, a highly enjoyable meal, and good value for what we had. We've even booked in for Christmas Day lunch.

2  Thank tonywY5002LB

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We visited with friends for a catch up over lunch - there was a wide choice for Sunday lunch so we had pizza, burgers and crab linguine. The burger was nicely presented, the pizza had lots of topping and the crab linguine was good if a little pricey.

1  Thank Glassysteph
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We visited a couple of weeks ago on a lovely hot sunny day. We had a great lunch outside in the courtyard. The lady who served us was extremely friendly and couldn’t have been more attentive. The food was delicious, although it did take a little too long to be served, however we were in no rush so we had a relaxed waiting time.
This place was recommended to us and we would have no hesitation in recommending here to others.

1  Thank Loveajolly
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Had previously been with my partner and the food was amazing so decided to go with family for my mums birthday meal, we arrived at 6:30 and ordered drinks, we then sat at our table and browsed the menu, there is a very large selection and alot of gluten free options which was brilliant for my gluten intolerant sister. Once we had ordered we started chatting and then realised we had been waiting quite a while for our starters, there was only us(a table of 7) and a table of 5 eating. By the time the starters had come out we had waited just about an hour and they were luke warm and bland. We let that go and moved on to mains which arrived quite quickly. My sister had the mussels which were nice and the other sister had the risotto which was also very nice, however the crispy chilli beef and rice was bland and extremely burnt to the point of being inedible so we swapped that meal for fish and chips which were decent, the moroccan lamb chops were pretty burnt but edible and the pork was ok but the potatoes very bland again. Having been before we were very shocked at how disgusting the food was this time around and definitely will not be returning!! Ruined my mothers birthday meal! Not only this but we were still charged for the meal that was completely inedible!! Shocking!! The service was good from a young girl, annabel however the food was so bad we do not recommend. Once we had complained about the meal we were apologised to and told the usual chef was away however nothing was done to ensure we left happy or to make up for the inedible food, very unhappy customers.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for a meal with friends a few weeks ago. What can I say about the White Swan...it is such a lovely, cosy pub. The food was amazing and reasonably priced and the service was great. I will most certainly be going back...have already planned to go back for afternoon tea with a friend!

Date of visit: July 2018