GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn By the Bay(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Beach Haus Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Brio Beach Inn(Traverse City)
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Pinestead Reef Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdairy queenpirate's covewafflesroom was cleanmini golfpublic beachred mesa grillhot tublobby areacookiesputt putthard boiled eggsfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againnice place to stayfree breakfasta great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I booked a king size room with jacuzzi and fireplace for a 4 night stay using the toll free number. The pictures online looked nice. Upon arrival the desk clerk told us that we could have gotten the room at a cheaper rate had we called the hotel directly, but then didn't give us a better rate. Getting into the room it was functional at best, extremely outdated, but it looked clean so we decided we would stick it out. I went to the bathroom (which was really small) and noticed rusty water stains on the ceiling tiles, and a chunk missing out of the counter on the vanity sink. I had booked this room with the thought in mind of cuddling up in front of the fireplace with hubby for a nice getaway. The suite we booked had a fireplace which ended up being awkwardly placed in the other room with a random couch not even facing the fireplace. When I went to turn the fireplace on it didn't work. That's when I had had enough. We went back downstairs to get a refund and told the staff we werent satisfied with our room and they offered us another suite for the first three nights but we would have to move the last night into a regular room. Spent 20 minutes trying to sort things out where they weren't going to give us a refund. They told us we would be charged $25 because we didn't cancel 24hours prior. After more arguing they ended up charging $20 because I had used the bathroom! Don't go here! I thought by booking a chain hotel I could count on service and reliability-NOT HERE! We went down the road to another locally run hotel and got a much nicer room for a much better rate! And a jacuzzi tub:)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Leanne M
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

I am sorry you feel the way you do about the cleaning charge. The hotel attempted to help work with you by even contacting the Travel Agency that booked your reservation as you stated you were upset you got a queen bed and not a king. As you know the agency confirmed they booked you a queen bed. The charges were only because the room was occupied and used by you and thus, to be able to re-sell the room, we had to clean it again. If the room was not used, we would not have given any charges. As stated the when you checked out the room was not able to be canceled per reservation policy. The hotel let you out of the reservation without any issues other than the cleaning charge because the room had been occupied and we had to clean the room. We pride ourselves on our award winning service and accommodations and we are sorry you did not feel we took care of your concerns.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

They have a great pool and hot tub! Would love a later check out on Sunday (my boyfriend does Army drills in T.C. so would be nice to stay past 11:00) Got a free hour on Sunday when I came down 10 minutes after 12:00 to check out they told me there would be a $20 charge...but she waived it..just FYI they mean business with their checkouts.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out on time!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank im_dawn
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and I am so glad you "LOVED IT" here at the AmericInn! We are proud of our hotel and we couldn’t do it without guests like you! As for the late check-out, just give one of our guest service staff a call in the morning or stop by the desk in advance of check-out and most of the time, we are able to help you out with a late check-out! If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask for the manager on duty or myself (I’m Nick, the General Manager) direct. We are here to help make your stay even better! Oh, and next time you are at the hotel, please stop and introduce yourself, I would like to thank you for your “LOVED IT” comment in person! Thanks again!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Our Corvette Club travels to T.C. every fall since 2003 and have always stayed at the AmericInn, and this year a 2nd Club from Indiana joined us. Nick the GM and his staff have always gone out of their way to make our experience an awesome one. He goes above and beyond making sure we have good service even at off site restaurants. Its so nice to go every year and see the same people - like visiting distance relatives but nicer. LOL! Thank you Nick, Brooke, Jason and the rest of the AmericInn staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet so any of them are great. However, the lobby does get a little loud in the mornings with the breakfast crowd, but not unbearable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anne H
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments and review! We love being able to welcome you and our many other groups back year after year!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have made this our Traverse City hotel when we come up annually. You cannot beat the price (even during holiday weekends) for the amenities. It is a small enough hotel that it isn't very loud or overcrowded. There is a free continental breakfast every morning and their suites have jacuzzi tubs and a fireplace option. The location is great too, not too far from the downtown, but not too far out of the city limits. Having a Dairy Queen right next door is nice too, especially if you have kids.

Room Tip: Only two levels here but I would suggest being put away from the lobby as it gets busy (and louder) in the morning for breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Silver_Cat05
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments! We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We just returned from a weekend trip to Traverse City. At the end of August, the weather in TC isn't extremely hot. Mid 70s with a strong breeze. Perfect weather, but almost too cold to stay on the beach all day long. That's why Americinn was perfect for us. We didn't want to stay on the beach at a hotel that was extremely overpriced. We stayed two nights for $200 total. Great deal.
The room was very clean, but had a strange odor. Not bad smelling, but not clean smelling, just strange. The breakfast was very boring, not as amazing as advertised. It was carb central. Biscuits, bagels, toast, muffins, donuts, danish, waffles and cereal. Then a bowl of apples, hard boiled eggs, milk, yogurt juice and coffee. If you want a free meal, it is good enough.
One suggestion when booking. Book early, then check back every so often through their website about vacancies. I booked our room a month before we left and the total was $279. A week before we left, the same room was available for $243. So I booked that and canceled the first room. The day before we left, the same room was now available for $209.
This hotel is good enough if you don't want to stay on the beach. It is newer and relatively clean. It wasn't fancy but definitely did the job and would consider staying again if the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlie_Conway

Thank you so much for sending our a comment regarding your stay....I am sorry we fell short on your breakfast expectations! I have brought your comments to our team to see what we can do to make our breakfast even better! Next time you are in the area, let me know as I would love to welcome you back to the hotel and make sure that your expectations were met from your comments! Thanks again for staying and taking the time to give us yoru feedback.