“Yummy ice cream”

Price range: US$0 - US$7
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We drove out quite a distance but there is only one Moomers! It was delicious ice cream and staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is a hidden gem that’s definitely a little bit of a drive. It’s worth it if you want some homemade ice cream and to see some cows (connected to their farm). My husband is in love with their coffee ice cream. I had an ice cream sandwich which is made with homemade cookies. We sat at the tabletop with foot stools and were able to watch them make homemade waffle cones. Had I known they were homemade I’d have ordered one! They serve flights of ice cream for those looking to try several flavors and not sure where to begin. If you aren’t up for the drive they do sell their ice cream which is available at Meijer or several restaurants in the area serve (one downtown on Front St does). In the summer they have a second location on the East Bay (which would have been ideal for where we were staying). And if you aren’t sure what flavor you want they will give you samples! It’s one of our go-to stops while in TC. Worth the drive.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Moomers is said to have been voted the country's best ice cream, but I don't know when or by whom. Maybe, at one time, it was good. It isn't. It has a bad texture and very little taste. It's supposed to be home made, but if you go to a store that sells their packaged ice cream, read the ingredient list. It has more chemical ingredients than even the cheapest grocery store brand. The Moomers brand milk you could buy at our local grocery stores used to be very good, but the last several times I've purchased that, it has a very disturbing bitter taste, and I will not be buying it again. The Moomers store on Long Lake Road is just plain dirty. I know they are very busy, with tours and tourists and all that, but if you are going to serve food, sanitation has to come first.

1  Thank sammy m
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Moomers is so family friendly and has wonderful ice cream! They have a cow farm right next to it where they get all their milk to make their ice cream! The only issue is that it is a small building but always very crowded!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Was very good ice cream I loved it and I will return there again I give it 5 stars places very clean has very nice restrooms