“Tawas go to”

Boathouse Beer Co. & Boozery
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Tawas City
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visit frequently and have consistently good service, food, and beer. Very relaxed environment and great feel. The menu evolves with the season. Owners are present and check to make sure the customers experience is consistently good. They are brewing their own beer and it has been very good. Well developed flavors from a young brewery. The batches do go fast so it is hit and miss whether their beer will be present, but they are increasing production and have been having their own product more consistently. This is our go to place for a nice dinner out and I highly recommend it to all.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

have traveled thru East Tawas many times - noticed this new place - decided to stop in and try it out - very nice and clean - prompt excellent service - food was very delicious - just a bit overpriced for the portions but the taste made up for that - good selection of libations to choose from - I will be back in next time thru town !!!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I've eaten here a few times; the prime beef burger is excellent, and the Cuban sandwich was outstanding. Really enjoyed the forager salad as well. Service was good, the ambiance and artwork is super creative and captures a lot of Tawas Bay and Great Lakes local culture. Looking forward to trying the house brews on tap next time we are in town.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

The restaurant was very clean, very nice ambiance and view of the bay, and the restrooms were very clean. The waitress was very courteous.The problem was with the burger I ordered. For $10.00 (including a side of fries), I was expecting a giant "bar" burger, when it was brought to the table the burger was slightly bigger than a McDonald's small hamburger and I got about 6 fries with it. Talk about being disappointed! I would have done better going to Burger King and getting a $5.00 comb o meal that would have actually filled me up.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I have been traveling to Tawas for business since the 1980's and this restaurant is so great it seems lost, like maybe it belongs in Detrot or Chicago. I had a arugula pea salad, and the special burger that had hamburger, prime rib, cheese on a pretzel bun, and if I had room I would have had the creme brulee. All told the prices were very reasonable, food and drinks were good. I will be back.
Rich Pfaff