“Save room for dessert!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Karl's Cuisine is a full-service restaurant, winery, brewery and catering company, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with a spectacular view of the Sault Locks. Whether seated inside or outside on the upper deck at Karl's Cuisine Café, enjoy delicious, fresh, and wholesome luncheon and dinner meals in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Sample our house-made Superior Coast wines and craft brews. Unique and delectable collections are offered at Karl's Cuisine, choose a favorite to accent your lunch or dinner. Need a special meal, corporate lunch or business meeting? Karl's Cuisine Catering offers signature dishes from simple to spectacular.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to Karl’s for years. The food is so good I never have room for dessert so last night my daughter and I shared an appetizer and then shared three desserts! Morgan our server was great and said that lots of people say they will do this someday and made us feel good about doing it. They were as amazing as everything else I’ve ever had there. Each served at the right temperature with a special sauce or sorbet. What a treat! Everything is wonderful and special at Karl’s and the service is always good.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Had a great late lunch at Karl’s. We had the soup and half sandwich lunch special. We both had the tomato basil soup which was very good. My wife had the chicken sandwich and I had the Reuben. They were both very good. Service was great plus we took home a bottle of wine for later.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were in Sault Ste Marie in March and had diner at Karl's Cuisine. The food was great, I had the whitefish and it was excellent. Our server Morgan was awesome. We will definitely stop here the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

After watching a ship go through the locks at the Visitor Center, we stopped here for lunch. We had lunch by the windows and could watch another ship proceed through the Soo Locks. Great and innovative menu options. Good soups. The Rueben was wonderful! The staff was also very good. A definite must stop!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We found Karl’s mainly for a place to eat by the Soo lock. Even though the reviews weren’t as many as the other restuarants, I took a chance based on the great menu. The place doesn’t look big in the main floor and it was busy with lunch crowd already. The service was quick and attentive. Petula (wasn’t our waitress) was constantly checking on every customer. He was great. One thing I’m impressed is that they have a sign on the table explaining they won’t give you plastic straws, which heavily pollute the marine life. However, upon request they will give you paper straw. Instantly, i like this restaurant who is making effort for the earth. The menu has wide selections with something from the traditional American food, and something very similar to California or big city hip style menu. My husband and I both so enjoy the lunch here. We had a cup of soup (curry sweet potato) and half sandwich (me: crab cake panini / hubby:.Elloit’s chicken). we were so impressed of how fresh the ingredients. It was April, still snow in the ground. And every bite with the fresh basil reminds us of summer. The curry sweet potato soup is loaded with vegetable chunks too. My crab cake panini, i could taste chunks of crab and the zesty slaw elevate the flavor.
The place is simple and clean. The food is exceptional in our opinion. We don’t care how much we spend on food, as long as the food is good. And we travel worldwide and around US (me: 1.5 million miles/ hubby: 2 million miles) for our business and vacation. We have been to many restaurants. I can honestly said Karl’s is high up in our list. We both don’t drink but we believe their local brew beers have to be great too.
We live over 2 hours away. We certainly will return to Karl’s if we are in the area. I’m actually concerned if I share our great experience, when we return later we will probably find it hard to get a table. But i have to share how good this place is. Highly recommend to stop by here if you are in the area. BTW, thought we don’t need it, they do have good selections of GF and Vegetarian.,

2  Thank Caroline M