“What a great dining experience! ”

Karl's Cuisine, Winery & Brewery
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Karl's Cuisine is a full-service restaurant, winery, brewery and catering company, in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with a spectacular view of the Sault Locks. Whether seated inside or outside on the upper deck at Karl's Cuisine Café, enjoy delicious, fresh, and wholesome luncheon and dinner meals in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Sample our house-made Superior Coast wines and craft brews. Unique and delectable collections are offered at Karl's Cuisine, choose a favorite to accent your lunch or dinner. Need a special meal, corporate lunch or business meeting? Karl's Cuisine Catering offers signature dishes from simple to spectacular.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service exceptional. Will is the best waiter ever and I just can't say enough good things about him and Karl's. Don't sleep on it, get the crab cakes and ask for Will

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stopped here on a recent trip and I was really looking forward to it. Somehow we had missed this during our previous trip and I really wish we had missed it again.

We were looking for beer and wine, no food, so that's what this review is about.

The place was fairly busy so we sat at the bar. Now keep in mind this is not a big bar, there are probably 6-8 seats at the bar. The bartender was horrible to put it bluntly. She took my wife's order, a flight of wines, and just walked away and started pouring. I figured after she was done pouring her flight she would take my order...nope...as soon as she plopped it down on the counter she turned and walked away. Then she was gone, I don't know where she went or what she was doing but there we sat, my wife with her wines and me with nothing. A few minutes later she came back and didn't even check on us. After a little more of me sitting there stewing about the lack of service I flagged her down and asked if I could order a flight of beers. She looked annoyed and obliged.

After all of that I ordered a flight. Mind you, the place only has like 4 beers on tap and a few ciders. 2 of the beers sounded good so I ordered a flight with 2 beers and 2 ciders. Nope...not allowed to have ciders on the beer flight. At this point, just wanting this experience to be over with, I just took all 4 of their beers. I really wish at that point I had just said no thanks and waited for my wife to finish her wine and been on our way. When the beers came to me they were thin, watery, and all seemed to taste the same.

The wife had a similar experience with the wine flight. Half of the stuff on the menu they were out of and the stuff she finally settled on was not that great.

I have no desire to ever go back to this place. If you are looking for a good brewery in the Soo skip this place and stop at Soo Brewing or 1668 Winery & Lockside Brewery.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Servivece outstanding, had a wonderful salad and Mac and cheese...will the 3 or 4 bites the fill me right up, so good, wish they had Gnocchi...

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent beef stew and Reuben. Wine flight was very good. Good BLT. Good selection of craft beers. Friendly service from William.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Petula waited on us and provided excellent service during our dinner. Loved watching the lakers going through the locks during our meal. Wonderful dinner and don't forget the desserts, We will be back again.