“unacceptable behaviour”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

went in to have a couple of pompadours and a prawn puree and a beer was told I couldn't and had to order a main course to eat in.we have had about 15 take aways and have eaten in once since we have been in ramsey for 11 months and always enjoyed our food.there was only 8 people within the restaurant when I visited so I find it very hard to understand why?ohh well there loss as me or my family when not be visiting again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Bengal R, Owner at Bengal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Firstly thank you for letting us know how disappointed you was. Unacceptable behaviour ?? I will tell you what is Unacceptable behaviour is when you became really aggressive towards one of my members of staff. That is Unacceptable. Sorry I think you missed out you few things from your comment which is you was demanding FREE food and then you started getting aggressive because my colleagues refused. Also just for your information we had more than 20 customers in the restaurant at that time of little incident.

Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 24 October 2020

We have tried various Indians but none compare to the freshness and taste of this one! Always friendly staff and great service when eating in or taking away or delivered! And a card for Christmas too! - Mr Khan akeeps us coming back with great food!!

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank harrybutson
Reviewed 25 July 2020

I have no idea who writes these 5* reviews probably people with no tastes buds. Ordered over £30 worth of food for 2 people this evening which is laughable because the menu they enclosed totted up to £26 which in all honesty I wouldn’t pay for it. My curry tasted like chicken in water. The mixed starter lol was tiny which is laughable that it’s for 2 people?! Rice tasted of nothing and we got flavoured rice. My partner said he had problems whilst ordering saying how spicy we wanted it. We are northern and lime it spicy, my 7 month old son could of eaten my curry. What a joke! And for them to big them selves up against their competitors what a joke. If you have no rate or rona order away. If you value your money order elsewhere

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank Leahcb88
F00dl0v3, Owner at Bengal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2020

Hi apologies your order wasn't up to the standards what we provide. Considering we have been trading for 33 plus years. If there was a problem on the evening when you had your meal and it wasn't up to its standard you should have notified the issues to a member of staff whom could have spoken to the management team to rectify the issue.
Again apologies if the meal wasn't up to its standards

Reviewed 15 February 2020

I have eaten at this restaurant and had takeaways and as always the food is fantastic and great friendly staff

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank ThorM5
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

I have to say I have eaten at both the local Indian restaurants which both serve nice food

On this visit the food was very good with the korma being of a very good standard which being a person from Birmingham where I am use to a good curry is staying a lot .

Portions
The portions were of good size and presented nicely upon serving . One portion of rice was sufficient for both of use

Really would recommend giving it a try if you visit Ramsey

Date of visit: November 2019