“Friendliest chinese buffet ever”
Review of China 1

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China 1
Ranked #50 of 68 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I live 5 minutes away from this place and come here all the time. The woman at the cash register is absolutely one of the nicest people ive met. Me and my mother ate here yesterday and as we were at the buffet she came up and asked us what our favorite dish was and if we would like anything made fresh for us! We kindly refused as the food here is always hot and top-notch for a buffet. Regardless, they made us fresh crab rangoons, and gave us a take-home box full of hot food right out the oven. Never have a received such superior service from anywhere. If your looking for nice service, good prices, and quality Chinese food, i recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We usually get takeout but we did get the buffet once and it was very good. Take out is quick.... it takes about 10 minutes for them to get it together. Call ahead and it's ready when you get there.

We think the food is very tasty. My family is partial to the crab Rangoon and the sweet-and-sour soup is not bad. The problem is figuring out what is in your order. For example, spicy beef with peanut is supposed to have vegetables. I just order the beef with vegetables now, extra spicy, and add the peanuts myself. I usually order beef but the chicken is good too.

I like the beef lo mein but they put in more meat than I care for. The beef tastes good, it's just that I like the noodles better. I might start ordering the vegetable instead. We usually get pork fried rice and that is wonderful... there are a lot of vegetables and the pork is tasty.

They always throw in fortune cookies and a bag of crispy things. I usually grab some of the duck sauce, put it in a little bowl and we dip these things in that.

It's convenient, the prices are good and the food tastes good. It is our go-to place for Chinese food.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2016

This place is so filthy. We arrived at 2 pm and 30 % of the items in the buffet table were empty and dirty pans left in them. The food that was there had sat so long it was dried up and flavorless. The only positive thing was the wait staff. If we had done it over, we should have just walked out.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I can eat Chinese food multiple times in a week. I love it. I love all kinds: traditional, Americanized, fusion.
Simply put, this is one of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten at. Things looked different but nothing had any taste. It was the feeling of LaChoy at home. It looks like food but it taste like a can of blandness.
Think about this. It is a buffet and I never went back for more. It was sad.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Friendliest service. This lady has been taking my order since we moved here 18 years ago. Buffet is okay, but I'm not much of a buffet person. Good quantities for the price.

Date of visit: March 2015