“Tasty, interesting food”

Barrio Cocina y Tequileria
Ranked #15 of 151 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had the fried avacado tacos, my wife had the daily special brussel sprout tacos.

Original, tasty, just the right size.

This place gets very busy. Come early or be prepared to wait.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Was a good 40+ minute wait but it was helpful to have the link to check the status of our wait position. We sat by the bar. Our waiter was nice and attentive and busy. The wait staff wear the plaid shirts and the busboys/girls and bar help wear the light blue Barrio t-shirt. You have to work up to the plaid. We shared the trio, the guac was good, the queso even better, the salsa was a bit too bland for us and boring, almost tasted like it came out of a jar and tossed in some cilantro to make it look fresh. I was able to get a cheese and grilled veggie enchiladas dinner and my bf had the chicken fajita with corn tortillas. He liked his chicken fajita but the corn tortillas were very small and hard to get more than a chicken piece and a slice of one veggie on them. My enchiladas were tasty but was lacking in red sauce, too light for my taste. The rice is a bit dry and bland and the black beans are okay. Needs a few more tweaks and improvements to make the flavors pop for me. I do like the trio of salsas, makes some of the boring salsas and enchilada flavorful.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

I was given a gift card for Barrio and we tried to use it several times, but there was usually a 2-2.5 hour wait. When we were finally quoted less than an hour, we jumped at the opportunity. I realize that this is due to their immense popularity and an indication of their quality, and no fault of the restaurant's.

We were seated near the entrance of the restaurant and our server was very good. The food was good, but nothing was particularly memorable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for group gatherings, and would come back again with friends. For two people coming alone, the atmosphere was a bit overpowering. It caused us to feel a bit rushed and not relaxed for dinner. But overall, it was a good experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

Authentic Mexican food. Delicious. Service was good. Busy place. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere.I recommended to lots of my friends. They all liked the food and area where it is located, in the heart of lovely Plymouth town.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

Friday night dinner was great, we arrived around 4:30 to insure we had time to enjoy there Happy Hour ( 11-6 )....love that timing. We sampled the 3 dip appetizer and a chips and salsa with there 3 hot sauces, this is just great mixing and matching flavors, the salsa's are very good.
Dinner was fabulous you can mix the street tacos having beef, pork, and chicken... they were so piled with meat, cheese and fresh vegetables we had to eat them with a fork....plenty to eat and very tasty.
Arrive early or plan to wait, it was packed to the max when we left at 6:30. I will come back here.....excellent.