Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Fairfield Inn
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$179
PricelineUS$179
All reviews grab and go waffles front desk holly gym wifi breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020

Had a positive stay last visit so decided to return. Staff is friendly and I was offered an upgrade on arrival. The hotel still has the new smell.

Big change is covid. Limited housekeeping and very limited grab and go breakfast.

Location is good, walking distance to many restaurants, parks and trails. Free parking, indoor warm pool, good wifi, smart tv's, comfortable beds, mini fridge and microwave.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ORD-TGU
Reviewed 28 December 2019

Booked a 1 king PointsSaver room for 8 k points for 12/24/2019. At check-in the clerk told us they had upgraded us because we are gold elite members. After check out on 12/25/2019 they deleted the PointSaver and charged us 10 k points for the room. 2 days later I was looking at my account and noticed the difference and after wasting 45 minutes of my time with Marriott customer service I find out the increase was because of the status room upgrade. So watch out for bait and switch when using points at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
FFI_Midland_MI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2020

Dear zoobrew:

Thank you for alerting us of your concern. We would never mislead our guests. If there was an issue with your PointSaver booking we are happy to look into this and correct it. Please contact the Hotel GM. As a category 2 hotel it does require 12500 Bonvoy points for a standard room stay. Being that you were billed 10,000 points, it makes sense that this was a PointSaver stay. We also upgrade all Elite Bonvoy members when we do have upgrades available. This upgrade should not affect your rewards stay though as certificates are issued to the hotel in advance of a stay.

Please always contact the hotel General Manager should something not seem right. We want to ensure your satisfaction and we would never conduct business in a way which questions our integrity.

Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

Visiting friends for a wedding and needed a hotel for the whole family. This requires a suite type hotel for the three kids.

This is a new hotel and all the facilities reflect this.

The gym is well equipped with five cardio machines. I went four mornings in a row and only once did I have to share the whole gym.

The pool is small and not really suitable for a work out but the younger son enjoyed splashing around.

Breakfast was good, my wife did her best to break the waffle machine but it still produced good waffles :-). They catered for all tastes with fruit, eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles and dairy products.

The room was spacious and well equipped. Two queen beds and a sofa bed. Two TVs and good WiFi so on the down time the boys were able to find something to do.

Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank davidrsrogers

Dear davidrsrogers:

Thank you for bringing the family to stay with us. Our breakfast brings great value to our guests offering a variety of hot and healthy items to help everyone stay on track! Please consider us again when you visit Midland. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 2 December 2019

Honestly the only Marriott this hotel has compared to are the high end brands like the Renaissance and Westin. Holly and Michael at the front desk are amazing. Holly upgraded me even before finding out I was a gold member and when I jokingly asked who she put next to me as they seemed kind of loud, she changed me into a bigger room.

The location is amazing. So happy there is finally a Marriott not by the craziness of the mall area. You can walk to all the great shops and restaurants downtown. Staff is amazing, room was super clean - met my crazy standards, room layout for the suites was awesome with two large tvs. Bed and pillows were very comfy and very few hotels get that from me.

I didn't use the gym but it looked great. Breakfast was standard but staff was great there too and food was constantly fully stocked.

This is my new go to hotel every time I come home. The other Marriotts are closer to my parents house but I'll drive the extra 10 minutes.

Dear sabinebaby:

We are glad that you enjoyed your sty with us. Our goal is always to ensure our guests are comfortable and have what they need when they need it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Our clerk, Holly, began our wonderful stay at this fresh new hotel. She advised us of several downtown dining options and was very friendly and made sure our room was just what we wanted (tub or shower?, etc) and explaining the Marriott Bonvoy program to us and signing us up. The place is super clean and beautiful, yet the price was quite reasonable on a Sunday night. Great location to downtown and to the Dow Gardens where we went the next day. The downtown is absolutely amazing; clean, beautiful, and full of trendy little places. Breakfast at the hotel was pretty standard fare of breads, fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, but good, neat, clean. The attendant quite helpful when I asked a question about going to the Dow Gardens. We would love to return to Midland and to the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Date of stay: October 2019

Dear Prestons_Dad:

We appreciate you letting us know that your stay at our hotel was great. We do offer a great location, steps from downtown and only minutes from several other local attractions. Or staff truly enjoys your compliments. Thank you for pointing out their exemplary service.