“Excellent meat sauce”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Italian food is my favorite and the Villa Capri's meat sauce is just like homemade.
I recommend the steak and lasagna which comes with a small salad and fresh, buttery garlic bread.
The house salad dressing is simple vinegar, oil, and special seasoning that many people try to (unsuccessfully)replicate at home.
The pizza is old world style thin crust which I personally think is the best.
Wish I could eat there everyday.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (130)

Reviewed 15 October 2020

We arrived at about 7:00 pm after a full day of driving the Upper Peninsula. We were seated quickly at a table with FOLDING chairs. We ordered two salads, spaghetti, a small pizza, and an iced tea. Our salad with house Italian dressing was a small plastic bowl of iceberg lettuce and two small pieces of tomato. The 'house' dressing tasted like oil. $4.95!!!!!! It did come with half a loaf of super buttered, fresh garlic bread which was really good. The pasta (also expensive for the quality) was served with all the water one might think it was cooked in. The tea, tasted great, but man, a total surprise to learn 'we don't do free refills' AFTER the fact. Would be nice to include that verbiage in the menu or at least have a waitress tell a customer that! Better yet, offer a free refill on tea! The pizza crust was more like crispy cardboard. No flavor added. And we were also surprised to receive an extra charge for using our travel card. Again, should be given that detail upfront and be given a choice to use cash! We are frequent travelers by both air and land. We have had some wonderful experiences but this was NOT one of them. (And we are easy going, easy to please people in our fifties.) This ranked up there as a TOP TEN not-so-great experience. Recommendation to the owners: rethink things. Up the quality. Adjust the price. Serve a refill for free or get bigger cups. And while you are at it, the decor is horrendous from the plastic grapes to the tapestry to the 50's diner style tables.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank SayTrueWords
Reviewed 30 September 2020

I ordered a small order of lasagna which was plenty big for one person the garlic bread is huge and dense maybe a bit over buttered but it was very good I was able to eat a couple chunks of that.
There us an upcharge for paying with plastic, I didn't see signage for this a small %. Good vibes great meal.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

After going to at least 4 restaurants with 45 minute waits and being yelled at by one waitress. It was a breath of fresh air to finally get told it was only a 20 minute wait. I had mentioned to the waitress Brea that my husband had diabetes and I was worried because he hadn't eaten in a long time she made an extra effort to get our salad and bread out to us right away! Both of our meals were great! If you are looking for a place to eat in Marquette I would recommend Villa Capri!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

We had driven all day & checked into our hotel 45 minutes away & this was the closest restaurant open that didn’t have a long wait. We got a pizza to share and salad. The salads came with garlic bread. OMG! It was huge. Good thing we got a small pizza! Very dark, but they were following Covid precautions.

Date of visit: August 2020