“Low quality food used. ”

Foothills Restaurant & Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Maple City
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

There's not a lot of places in that area that serves breakfast but if there were I'd go elsewhere. $30 for two breakfasts that were just "ok" but our waitress was overwhelmed.

She was pleasant but could only handle one task at a time. Two ice waters with two coffees was apparently a huge task for her and she delivered all to another table. Then wondered why we didn't have ours later. This is not a young lady so I incorrectly assumed age came with experience but if she was new to the waitressing then maybe she was just learning and hopefully will improve.

Unfortunately The food isn't top quality. Dehydrated hash-browns are always a disappointment but more so when two eggs, very cheap precooked bacon, one piece of sausage patty, toast with coffee is $14. My friend ordered a ham & cheese omelette because she said a ham, sausage and cheese omelette wasn't on the menu and wouldn't know how to explain it to the cook.

Find another place even if you have to drive 30 minutes.

I will not return.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I enjoyed a very filling breakfast on way home from vacation. I had an omelette and hubby had farmers breakfast . Coffee was plentiful and staff very efficient. Worth the wait if u stop by but remember to bring cash or a personal check as this is only accepted form of payment.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stopped here twice during our stay around Sleeping Bear National Park for breakfast. If you want a great home cooked meal, look no further. Do check our their hours, though, as we drove here one morning only to find they were closed. But we persevered and drove back the next two days. They are the friendlies people and serve the best food and even though small, seem to have a great handle on serving people and not making you wait. What I loved, is many of the locals must eat breakfast here regularly as the servers seem to know them by name. A must if you are in the area of Glen Arbor, in my opinion.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Small place but worth the wait. Great breakfast food. Very much a family diner feel. Good coffee too.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Have come here for years as we stay at a friends cottage not far from the restaurant. Has always been a go to for breakfast and we returned on a recent visit to Glen Lake. Very disappointed in the quality of food and the waitress was rude to us and others in the restaurant. I heard that ownership may have changed, but no excuse for service issues. We won't be visiting again until we hear from others it has returned to past standards.