Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Privileges member rate available
Fully refundable before Sat, Jun 8
Save with Choice Privileges
Monicka
Battle Creek, Michigan

The beds are HARD but the staff is WONDERFUL!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 23, 2021
I stayed here as one of my stops on a 4 city vacation in Michigan's UP. The hotel is right across the street from the boardwalk!

Cute little room, it was clean and well kept. It had a microwave and one of the largest fridges I have ever seen in a hotel room. The beds however, are so hard. My back hurt pretty bad when I woke up the next morning.

The staff was amazing though! Super sweet and helpful about things we could do and see in town and the waffles were yummy.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
₱6,403
  • Algotels
56.4 km from Econo Lodge Lakeshore
View more hotels in Manistique
All reviews waffles waffle maker across the street lake michigan room was clean in town great place to stay one night stay upper peninsula boardwalk motel kitchenette trailer
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2021

The check in was pleasant and the decor is inviting in the lobby. The room had a microwave and refrigerator, which was a nice addition. The patio doors open into the parking lot, which makes loading and unloading much easier! The beach boardwalk is across the street, which is nice.

Checking in, the clerk wore a mask. She was the only employee I encountered, so I don't know about anyone else.

The downside is the firmness of the bed. It was very firm and I woke with a backache. If you like a firm bed, it will be a welcome stop for you.

They offered waffles and fresh fruit (banana or oranges) for breakfast, but there was a small line at the waffle maker and I didn't wait because we had food in the room anyway.

For the price, it is worth the stay if you enjoy a firm bed. We stopped overnight as part of a longer trip.

1  Thank DiscoveryOnADime
Reviewed June 17, 2021

We had the most disturbing experience we’ve ever had while traveling. The office staff was indifferent to our request, and then the owner badgered and harassed us over the minor issue. We ended up leaving rather than enduring his verbal abuse. He really should look into anger management classes!

Reviewed October 21, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is old and partially outdated. Our king suit was ok. The room was large but the bed was super uncomfortable and the room smelt so old like stale cigarettes & urine. I’m SO disappointed I used so many reward points to stay here. Specially after seeing how cheap the nightly rate actually is. This hotel provides the bare minimum. I’m surprised this is even a choice hotel. I would definitely stay somewhere else in town since there’s a few other options.

*If your at risk Do not stay here
Not one sign anywhere about COVID procedures or requirements. No hand sanitizer anywhere in lobby or Masks being worn by staff. I don’t mind them not having requirements but at least show some concern for your guests who do care during this stupid pandemic!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank P2392
Reviewed October 13, 2020

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past ten years or so. The owners are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable, very clean and well-maintained. Any time I'm in the Manistique area, this is the only hotel I will stay at. There's a very large breakfast area, too.

1  Thank D5491RWlaurap
Reviewed October 6, 2020

Stayed 2 nights. October 4th and 5 th, 2020.
Location was great. Lake across street with walkway.
Grateful we were able to get away.
The hotel was clean, but I felt like I was on an slab waiting for an autopsy.
That is how uncomfortable The bed was.
Also no breakfast was offered, not even breakfast in a bag.
Which was unusual. Thought they might put an apple,yogurt, muffin in a bag.
The door wall to walk out was very convenient.

Room tip: Not sure if there is a better hotel / motel in the area.
1  Thank Linda Z