“My first time eating a pastie was superb!!”

Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Co.
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American, British
Description: Family friendly, fast casual restaurant. We serve PASTIES handmade, baked, fresh every day from our kitchen. Choose from BEEF PASTIE, CHICKEN PASTIE, VEGETABLE & CHEESE PASTIE, or BREAKFAST PASTIE. Other menu items are available. All items are available to eat-in or take-out. Cold and Frozen PASTIES are available.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Never had a pastie (pass-tee) and this place made it so worth trying. I ordered a basic beef pastie with gravy just to see if I even like it (basically a long fat portable pot pie), a chocolate chip cookie, oatmeal cranberry cookie, chocolate chip pecan cookie and white chocolate macadamia cookie. I had my girls try a bit of the pastie and they both liked it a lot actually. They all enjoyed their cookies. I def'ly will try another kind, next time we're in town. Service was excellent and store was beautifully decorated and clean. Most of their "souvenirs" are edibles like taffy, fudge, etc. but they did sell mugs, pastie recipe book and cooler type bags. They have fountain drinks, seating, a nice cozy working fireplace and I think bathrooms. Kinda hard to find. It's back next to the car wash and near the other pastie shop that's blue in color, across the road and down a bit from the giant wiener on the building. HIGHLY recommend :)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Every time we come here,my kids need to have the breakfast pastie. Makes for a great filling breakfast or lunch! We have not had the cookies-my child has a peanut allergy,but they look great as well. So glad it was open when we visited in March!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food was good. But had never tried a pastie before. Service was fast and friendly. A sweet family owned eatery right on the main drag with all the fudge shops. It was close to our hotel and had lots of information about things to see and do

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Great stop right off the southbound lane of the bridge at first exit. Pasties are good, and they have a dining room that is nice. But if you want take out, either frozen or hot, they've got it.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Friends told us this was the best place in Mackinaw City to get a pasty so we looked for it. They were not wrong....great food with a variety of pasties to choose from.