“Stay away!!!”

Lansing Brewing Company
Ranked #9 of 466 Restaurants in Lansing
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Description: The Lansing Brewing Company serves as a living testament to the hard-working men and women who built our great city. We embrace our city's roots while heralding in a new beer-loving generation just in time for Lansing's rebirth. Visit our tap room for a craft brewed pint and indulge in one of our fresh gastro pub inspired dishes.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Went to the Lugnuts game on Saturday, May 29th. Thought we’d stop in for a meal and drink before the game. Arrived at 5:00, was told 30 minute wait, even though there were more empty tables than occupied tables. I pointed to an open table and asked if we could have it. I was told no, had to wait. We went to the back room to have a drink while we waited. I asked if we could just eat at the high top tables while we had a drink, was told,”no.” I asked why and was told,”because.” I was confused because several other people at tables were eating. After half an hour we got our text and we’re seated at the table I originally asked about. We had studied the menu so we’re able to order as soon as we were seated. From 5:35-6:30 the waitress never checked on us once, we all sat patiently drinking our waters. Finally at about 6:50 our meals came out, with apologies because they’re busy. The place was not even half full. I ordered fish n chips, it was cold, my wife got the pretzel balls with cheese, cheese was cool and coagulated with a film on top. My mother got artichoke dip, you guessed it, cold. Three adult kids who ordered meals, similar experiences. This place has the nerve to give me a Bill, which I had to track down, for $93, for really crappy food and really crappy service. We arrived two hours before the ball game started thinking we could relax, eat, drink, socialize and watch a game. It took so long that we missed the first half of the first inning. It was such bad service and food that we all just had ballpark hotdogs, which were much higher quality than the crap we got at the brewery. I will NEVER go back here and if you’re smart, you’ll stay away too. There are much better choices for much better value in the downtown area.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (246)

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Great Beer! And food! Nice patio and large dinning space. Great service ! Hopefully they will get some patio warmers so the large patio can stay open !!
I really enjoyed the Harvest Brew on tap.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank cycy1410
Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

Went for an afternoon flight and was delighted by everything! It started with the staff being extremely and exceptionally friendly and welcoming and accommodating. Then came the beer! A flight of five different beers all of which had excellent quality whether you like the flavor or not. I happen to like all but one and the one I didn’t like was my issue not theirs :-) just didn’t like the taste but the quality was excellent. Highly recommend this place with wonderful outdoor seating great beers and great people!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 17 July 2020

I saw the "before" pictures so I know the work they put into this outstanding looking patio. I'm a HUGE fan of outdoor seating...not just now with covid19...but always. I'm so impressed. I see why they want to limit the seating to 1 ½ hours only because I'd like to stay there all day drinking their good beer and having several servings of the great variety of food they offer. We had the porter and ipa. Both good...especially the porter. A+. Food was good also. Server was delightful. Nothing but goodness here.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Good food decent service.

Anything on the menu is good. Our group had no complaints. Only one we had was the long wait but it wasn't unbearable.

Date of visit: February 2020